Roswell

Allie-Gator

So, who thinks that the Roswell, NM crash of the "weather balloon" was as reported by the US government? It always makes me wonder when the "powers that be" came up with two or three different explanations for the crash, what were they trying to hide? What do you think?

Nadai

There is a show on the SyFy channel where they look up cases like this and try to prove or disprove them-I saw the episode where they looked into the weather balloon. They ran a series of tests to see if a weather balloon could have been the cause of the sightings. What they discovered was that the images created by what the government called a weather balloon, didn't very close to what images from a real weather balloon would have looked like.
Do I smell a government cover-up?

Toni

If we are to believe that we are the only life in this universe, then we are indeed conceited to the nth degree. We are just as a speck on the head of a pin in the bigger picture.

Enertia

I believe I watched that Syfy show, disproving the weather balloon theory. I like watching shows that test theories like that. My question is, why does the government try to hide stuff from us? What do they gain, by not telling the truth?

Enertia

I believe I watched that Syfy show, disproving the weather balloon theory. I like watching shows that test theories like that. My question is, why does the government try to hide stuff from us? What do they gain, by not telling the truth?

Nadai

Control. They control us by deciding for us what we can and can't do, learn, hear, see. We have so many liberties as Americans, but we're deluded if we think that we have total control over our lives. Society is constantly oppressing us!

Myrddin

Nadai, you stole my response.;) I was going to say control as well, but also credibility. Not only do they want to control us, but also, as part of that control, they would want to hide certain extraterrestrial facts that could, if they made them public, cause a lack of belief or faith in them because it would sound so insane (true or not).

Nadai

Nadai, you stole my response.;) I was going to say control as well, but also credibility. Not only do they want to control us, but also, as part of that control, they would want to hide certain extraterrestrial facts that could, if they made them public, cause a lack of belief or faith in them because it would sound so insane (true or not).
Imagine what would happen to our world if we found solid proof that aliens existed!
*Myrddin maybe you can help me with a title*
I read a novel a few years ago where aliens came to Earth. Of course everyone was terrified and curious about their intentions. The aliens refused to come out of their space ships-I think for eighty years-because they wanted plenty of time for people to get used to the idea of aliens on Earth and to forget any prejudices that they might have felt when aliens first arrived, or something like that. They had a human spokesman who relayed messages to the people, including that eighty-years rule. I think he died before the big reveal though. Eventually, humans started focusing less on war and more on the aliens and so fighting stopped and I think all the countries unified and became one united state. I don't remember what happened later on in the novel, like I said it was a while ago, but it was a pretty interesting book. I wouldn't mind reading it again.
But I wonder what would happen to our world if aliens were to all of a sudden drop from the sky. Would the same thing happen to us? And where would religion be? Would the Pope and other religious leaders just work aliens into the Bible and other texts, "oh yeah, we missed that part, but here it is, 'and aliens will come down from the heavens!'" Or will they try to say that aliens aren't real, like some do with dinosaurs? I've learned about a few ancient civilizations who believed and spoke of "sky people" who taught them how to build and speak and such, but what about our modern religions? Maybe that's another reason the government holds on so tightly to their keys to Area 51. I'd hope, though, that if aliens did decide to make an appearance, that they wouldn't wait eighty years to show themselves.

Toni

Nadai, please look up the title of that book. I would love to read it. What an interesting concept. Can you imagine a united world without war? Again.....an interesting concept.

Nadai

Nadai, please look up the title of that book. I would love to read it. What an interesting concept. Can you imagine a united world without war? Again.....an interesting concept.
Sure thing. I won't make any promises, but I will try to find it.