Roman gods family tree

Persephone

I found this on http://www.roman-colosseum.info/roman-gods/roman-gods-family-tree.htm and really thought it would be something others would enjoy and would clarify a few things.

Roman Gods Family Tree
The Roman Gods Family Tree is quite complex and explains the relationships between various Roman gods and goddesses.

• [*]
    The king and father of the Gods was Jupiter (Jove)
    *Jupiter was the son of Saturn and Opis.
    *Saturn was born from Uranus (heaven) he was the only child of Time who had complete sway over both mortals and immortals
    *The mother of Jupiter was and Opis (aka Ops)
    *Saturn and Opis were of the race of Titans, who were the children of Earth and Heaven who sprang from Chaos the mother of the Titans. The Titans consisted of six sons and six daughters, the one-hundred-armed giants (Hecatonchires) and the one-eyed giants, the Cyclopes
    *The brothers of Jupiter were Pluto and Neptune
    *The sisters of Jupiter were Vesta, Juno and Ceres
    Jupiter and his brothers rebelled against their father Saturn and the Titans; vanquished them and imprisoned some of them in Tartarus, inflicting other penalties on others. Atlas was condemned to bear up the heavens on his shoulders
    *Jupiter was the brother and husband of Juno
    Jupiter was the father of the following Roman gods and goddesses:
    *Vulcan was the son of Jupiter and Juno, husband of Venus
    *Venus was the daughter of Jupiter and Dione, wife of Vulcan and the mother (by Mercury) of Cupid, god of love
    *Minerva was the daughter of Jupiter and Juno
    *Apollo was the son of Jupiter and Latona. His twin sister was Diana
    *Diana was the daughter of Jupiter and Latona
    *Mercury was the son of Jupiter and Maia who was the daughter of the Titan Atlas
    *Bacchus was the son of Jupiter and Semele
    *Mars was the son of Jupiter and Juno
    *Proserpina was the daughter of Ceres and Jupiter

Bona Dea

This is really interesting - I never realized that they were so inter related before.

These are obviously just the major Gods, so I wonder if all the more minor Gods are related to them as well.

Frumpy

Thank you for this family tree. I never really learned about Roman mythology. This information makes me want to start learning about it so I can compare it to the Greek mythology.

Bobby Givens

Wow, that is a pretty comprehensive list of the major deities of Roman mythology.It is kind of like Roman Gods for dummies isn't it? It was a good refresher though.