Requesting assistance old master paintings

Antiquer

210_1.jpg210_2.jpg I have recently purchased a pair of paintings from the 1800's depicting mythological scenes. These are likely copies of ones done by an Old Master painter. I am unable to find the name of the Old Master who did the original paintings and thought if I knew the scenes from mythology that were being depicted, I may be able to find out who the original artist was. I would like to ask if any of you could identify the figures/scenes. From my limited knowledge and research, the horse in the background of the 2nd painting may implicate that this may be Hector. I really don't know anything about mythology, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

LegendofJoe

Nice paintings.
Although I cannot be sure what these paintings suggest, I will see what i can do.
Both paintings depict little cupids, so they both have to do with love.
The above painting could be the story of Selena the moon goddess falling in love with the sleeping Endymion.
She is holding a knife because she may be in the form of Diana, the huntress, who is also associated with the moon.
She saw Endymion sleeping one day and was so taken aback by his beauty that she kept him asleep so she could forever gaze on him as she passes over each night.
The other painting shows a warrior coaxing a woman to follow him. This could be the story of the abduction of Helen by Paris.
He takes her to Troy and she is pursued by the Greeks, thus starting the Trojan war.

EyeofZeus

But Helen holds a knife too although it looks like Helen and Paris to me too. I have heard there is a on line tool that lets you search for images you imput, but I don't know.

Antiquer

Thanks for the info. I've also done some research and feel the first painting could be Rinaldo and Arminda. From Wiki, it says "Armida has been sent to stop the Christians from completing their mission and is about to murder the sleeping soldier, but instead she falls in love. She creates an enchanted garden where she holds him a lovesick prisoner". In the background of the painting, it appears that it might be an "enchanted" garden.

For the second painting, Paris and Helen or Paris and Oenone could be possible. I have also looked at the possibility of it being Hector and Andromeche, but, as far as I can tell, the knife or dagger she is holding doesn't really seem fit into any of these stories. I'm also going to keep looking around to see if I can find the original artist.

Thanks again.