Prometheus

Very interesting! I have just read the story about Prometheus. It appears that, according to myth, Zeus was real jerk and forced Prometheus to suffer much for helping humans. One would think that after Prometheus had helped Zeus so much, that he would be more grateful.

I think I am beginning to see where Christianity gets its ideas of salvation, though. The whole Hellenistic influence on Christianity was intense, moreso than it was on Judaism (which is not to say that we were NOT influenced by it; we were, just not as much).In Judaism, the influence was less theological and more philosophical. In Christianity, it became a guide to theology as well as philosophical meanderings along Talmudic lines.

But now, I think I understand how people, influenced as they were by a story of sacrifice of suffering by Prometheus, and his ultimate redemption, could develop such ideas about Jesus of Nazareth, although I do find it odd that they chose a Jewish Rabbi about whom to rally.

But I think I get it better than I once did. And God knows, the Romans didn't want anyone getting away with being a Prometheus in the Empire, especially NOT in Judaea! Its no wonder he was killed on a Roman Cross.

bryn

Prometheus[Forethought]=Procyon/Pro-Metis/Cerberus/Caenis/Caeneus/Anubis/Hermes/Alopius[fox].Metis=Isis[Canis Major]/Eos.Hippolyte/Antiope=Nephthys[Alope/Cancer].Hippolytus=Prometheus[Odysseus].
Laz/Bau/Gula[Medea of Colchis/Lazica] was the wife of Nergal[Mars] and Ninurta[Cronus].
Ares=Hamsa[goose or swan]/Apollo[god of prophecy]/Aegeus/Caprus/Khepri/Geb/Cepheus/Abel/Cycnus/Cygnus/Zu/Anzu.
Iapetus=Iabet[East in ancient Egyptian]=Cadmus[East in semitic languages/qdm]=Lucifer,god of east/Set.
Mercury[Shu/Enlil] as god of trade was paired with Harmonia/harmony,as then trade prospered.Harmonia and Semele are one and the same.Semele=Zemelo/Zemlya[Mother Earth]=Gaia/Ge[Europa].
Helios=Aquarius/Hyas/Ganymede/Ganesha/Atum/Horus/Atum/Autumn=Bennu/Phoenix[father of Cadmus and Europa].
Shu=Aquila[Aquilo/Boreas/Winter-god].Atum[Autumn] was the father of Shu and Tefnut/Mehit[Athena,goddess of wisdom].Ares=Geb/Abel(io)/Apollo/Nergal/Shamash[Spring-god].Shapash=mother of Um Pahal/Omphale/
Amphitrite.
Deucalion[sweet-wine sailor]=Dionysus/Osiris[son of Geb]=Nu(h)/Noah.Nu was the father of Bennu['son of Nu'].
Bennu[Phoenix/Atum/Helios/Horus] was the father of Cadmus.Greek anatole=East,hence Anatolia.Asia linked to Iapetus.
Aegeus=Ares/Nergal/Nereus/Mars[husband of Nerio].Lycus=Hephaestus/Wepwawet[Epimetheus/Bata].
Adam['red']=Aquila/Aethon['tawny/red-brown']/Mercury/Aquilo/Boreas/Njord/Aeetes/Enlil/Bel(us)/
Shu/Mercury=Pandion II of Athens[Pandion haliaetus= Sea-eagle/osprey].
Skadi/Scathach=Anat/Athena/Frigg/Brigid/Zemelo/Semele.An(u)=heaven/Sky/Uranus[Moon-god].
Eve=Lyra/Lara/Chih Nu/Chione/Snow White/Penelope/Nefertiti/Idun/Ithunn[goddess of life-giving apples to Norse gods]=Athena Hellotis/Europa.Idun=Eden.Absyrtus Phaethon[Auriga]=Tutankhamun[see early death in chariot accident from broken leg's complications].Prote[mother of Phaethon]=Nefertiti.
Cycnus/Swan=Apollo/Ares/Abelio/Abel/Abellio/Hector[killed by Achilles/Cain]=Apple tree/Afal/Nergal/Mars[red-green apples/ruddy]=golden apples' tree of Hesperides[Lyra/Athena/Anat/Tefnut].
The Cygnus constellation has the shape of a tree[wings=foliage and neck=trunk of tree].
Abel=Nyctimus/Nycteus[Tiw(at)/Mars/Ares/Apollo/Aplu Enlil/Nergal/Reshef].
Constellation Cygnus/Cycnus in China=magpie[Picus]/bridge of magpies spanned celestial river/Milky Way so the lovers, Chih Nu[Vega] and Altair can meet.Picus = magpie and woodpecker[sacred to Mars/Ares/Apollo/Aplu Enlil/Nergal].Picus was the husband of Pomona['apple'].The swan was sacred to Apollo.
Svantovit=Cycnus/Ares/Apollo.Hesperus=Pallas/Mavet/Mot/Hades.
Hesperides[Lyra] and Dragon[Draco] guarded tree of golden apples from Heracles/Set.Heracles/Set slew Apophis/Ladon[Draco].Draco=Ophis['serpent' in garden of Eden].
Arthur Pendragon=Arcturus/Bootes[Icarius] and Draco[both forms of Osiris/Dionysus/Deucalion/Theseus/Mithras].
Cycnus father of Castor/Heracles/Set and Polydeuces/Pollux/Dionysus/Osiris/Hades/Menelaus.
Cain=Ninurta of Calah/Nimrud/Calais/Ningirsu/Dagon/Dagan/Tammuz/Adonis/Dumuzi/Pan/Min/Minos/
Aristaeus/Melissus/Myrtilus/Aristaeus.
Clytemnestra=Isis/Eos.Helene=Selene/Nephthys.
Seth,son of Adam=Heracles.Heracles slew Eunomus[Good Shepherd].
Athena=Anat/Ki/Ge/Gaea/Orithyia/Tefnut[linked to Nefertiti],wife of Hermes/Yarikh/Anu of Erech/Erechtheus/Uranus/Haoma and Mercury/Stilbon/Adrastus/Orestes/Shu[linked to Akhenaton/Moses/Musa(-eus)].
Orpheus[Orphanos]=Tutankhamun.Musaeus[Musa/Moses/Akhenaton] was the teacher of Orpheus.
Akhenaton linked himself to Shu[Mercury],father of Geb[Mars/Apollo].Apollo linked to raven[hrafn]=Bodb Derg/'red
raven'[Ruadan/Rudianos].Oreb=raven[Corax/Corvinus].Orpheus=constellation Cygnus[Cycnus].
Aphrodite Area=Ishtar Annunitum[Anand/Morrigan/Macha/Badb]=Anna,lover of Mars.Morrigan='Great Queen'.
Badb ='raven'.Dagda[Vasudeva]=Elatha/Helios/Atum/Balor.By Eri[Eos Erigeneia] Elatha was the father of Bres[Boreas].
Bres wed Brigid [daughter of the Dagda].Ruadan[Bodb Derg/Lug] was their son.Bodb Derg fathered Aoife [Antiope]
who wed Lir/Llyr[Poseidon/Set].Set brother of Osiris[Donn/Aidoneus/Hades].Greek Ai=alas[see Ailinus/Linus].
Brigid=Eithne[Athene].Corax[Ares] was the brother of Coronus[Crow/Bran/Hephaestus/Cronus].
Achilles=Seti I.Neoptolemus/Pyrrhus[redhead]=Rameses II[red hair].Mnemosyne is Muses' mother.
Agamemnon=Memnon/Mnemon=Amunhotep III.Orestes=Shu/Kur/Enlil of Ekur[House of Kur]=Akhenaton/
Moses/Musa[Eetion/Aeetes].Kur=mountain=Or(os) in Greek[see Oreius/mountain-man].Menelaus=Pharaoh Ay.
Helen=Ankhsenamun.Paris/Alexander[Xander]=Prince Zananzash and Mursilis II.Priam=Suppililiumas I.
Hector[Zeus/Zan]=Prince Zananzash.Andromache=Ankhsenamun.Cassandra/Alexandra=Sibyl of Ilium.
Haoma[Apis]=Minotaur/Asterius[Serapis/Asteropes/Steropes=Osiris/Orion and Taurus/Haoma/Gu(d)galanna/Cedalion].
Cain=Pan/Min/Aristaeus/Telemachus[saint;feast day 1 January].
Men/Meness/Pelias/Dove or pigeon[Moon-god/Hermes/Conn/Anubis] son of Poseidon/Lir/Set/Typhon.
Hephaestus=Vulcan/Cronus/Atlas/Autolycus/Lycus/Min(os)/Pan/Iasus/Iasion/Jason.
Daphne=Tahpenes/Dahmunzu['wife of king' of Egypt]
=Ankhsenamun.Apollo=Aplu Enlil/Nergal/Ares/Mars[god of war and plague].War with Hittites and deadly plague afflicted Egypt during the reign of Ay in Egypt.Plague taken to Hatti by Egyptian prisoners.
Mercury=Shu/Vishnu/Thjazi/Thiassi.
Cronus/Atlas/Epimetheus/Wepwawet separated Uranus[Anu] from Gaia/Gaea/Ge/Ki/Semele/Zemelo/Zemlya
[Mother Earth/Athena/Anat].
Hatti[Hittite kingdom]/Hatti-land=Atlantis[see Sea Peoples].Ahhiyawa=Attica.
Min/Menu[Pan] of Egypt=Cronus.Men/Meness/Mani[Moon-god/Hermes] of Europe/Anatolia=Minotaur[Taurus].
The bucranium[oxskull] was sacred to Men[Haoma].Taurus constellation an ox's head originally.Pinecones also sacred to Men[Pittheus/Pine-god/Hippolytus/Anu/Uranus].Minerva Sulis=Saule[Sun-goddess].Phaedra=Eos/
Dawn.Meness[Hippolytus] was killed for slighting Saule by seeking to seduce the Dawn-goddess.
Gebtu/Keft=Coptos.Keftiu=Minoan Cretans.Caphtor/Kaptara=Minoan Crete.
Manawydan/Manannan was the son of Ma and Nuada(n)/Nodens/Nethuns/Neptune/Lud/Tylon/Lir of Lydia/Dylan.
Shalim=Misharu['Law']/Mithras=Arcas/Arkas=Ark of Covenant=Deucalion/Dionysus/Noah's Ark/Nu(h).
Vala/Vali/Veles/Volos[Pluto]=Dionysus/Deucalion/Noah[built Ark]=Osiris/Leo/Donn/Aidoneus and linked to Thutmosis IV.
Har sa Iset/Horus son of Isis=Atum[Autumn].
Lycurgus,'king of Edoni'=Sarpedon/Min/Pan/Minos/Aegeus/Nereus.Sar ='king'[see Sargon].
Persephone=Isis/Iset/Iusaaset/Ushas/Eos.
Tyro=Merope=Mut/Nephthys/Hera/Amphitrite.Merope should be the mother of Oenopion/Odysseus/Hermes.
Dia=Ganymeda/Hebe/Hebat/Hera/Ma/Maia/Selene.Horus/Helios/Atum=Aquarius and Ophiuchus.Aquarius=Horus.Anpu/Anubis=Men/Meness/Mani/Chiron.
Eurydice was the wife of Orpheus/Apollo.Helen/Laodamia/Danae=Ankhsenamun[Laodamas = Tutankhamun].
Mnevis was the sacred bull of Atum at Heliopolis/On.Mnemon/Memnon=Amunhotep III [linked to Atum/Aton].
Akhenaton and Nefertiti linked themselves with Shu and Tefnut so Ankhsenamun [Danae] can be linked to Nut/Venus.
Nut was the mother of Osiris[Dionysus/Mithras/Misharu/Perseus].
Mentor=Menmaetre Seti I[Laertes/Lir/Llyr/Set/Foseti/Forseti/Poseidon].
Sisyphus=Osiris/Dionysus/Bacchus.Anticleia=Nephthys.Odysseus linked to Hermes[Arma/Moon-god/Hodesh].
Gu(d)galanna/Cedalion/Haoma/Moon-god=constellation Taurus.Cain=Hephaestus/Shani/Jason/Healer/Iasion/
Ninazu/Lord Healer/Ninurta/Dagan[Azu=Iasus].Enlil/Kur/Nabu=Mercury.Ereshkigal=Athena/Nike/Hare goddess/Wenenet.Nergal/Shamash and Inanna were the chidren of Enlil/Kur and Ereshkigal.
Inanna/Ishtar/Ino=Shala[wife of Dagan].Ishara[Hera] was the wife of Ishkur[Zeus].Abel/Hebel=Apollo/Ares[Geb/
Cepheus/Benben stone/obelisk].Ben =son.Benben=grandson[of Atum] i.e. Geb [Cepheus/Stone/Lion Cub].
Proetus=Anpu.Haoma/homo/homme/Mani/Men/Dyn/Odin/Odysseus/Taurus linked to 'man'.
Hesperus[Osiris]=Shalim[Peace]/evening star,god of Jerusalem[City of Shalim].
Odin = Moon-god/Anu/Uranus/Hermes[not planet Mercury god-confused in Roman religion].
Thjazi/Thiassi/Dyaus[husband of Prithvi]=Mercury[eagle/Aeetes/Njord/Boreas] in Norse myths[Thoas in Greek myth].
Logi[Fire]=Agni/Hephaestus/Shani[lame]/Saturn/Shulmanu/Autolycus/Lycus/Fenrir/Wepwawet.
Loki=Lucifer/Set/Satan.
Lycus[Autolycus],son of Hermes[Anubis/Anpu],was a herald of Dionysus[Osiris] and the brother of Aegeus/Khepri/Caprus/Shamash/Apollo/Ares/Geb/Cepheus.Ariadne=Nephthys.Phaedra=Isis/Persephone/Maet.
Pirithous=Hippolytus.Theseus=Osiris/Dionysus/Mavet/Mot.
Mestra/Hypermestra=Aphrodite/Inanna[wife of Lynceus/Lug/Apollo/Ares and Autolycus/Hephaestus/Gibil/Tammuz].
Inanna[Aphrodite/Freyja] turned shepherd[evidently Tammuz-Sipad/Freyr/Priapus/Min/Pan] into a wolf.
Thor=Zeus.Maia/Alcyone=Halcyon/Cleopatra/Yami/Amphitrite.
Baal Hadad defeated and killed Yam[Zeus overcame revolt of Poseidon].Anat/Pallas Athena/Pale Shapash/Sunna/Saule/Minerva Sulis slew Mavet/Mot/Pallas/Locrian Ajax/Aias.
Chloris=Buto/Per Wadjit/Aphrodite[wadj=green or blue]=cobra goddess[i.e. green].Neleus=Hephaestus/Bata.
Niobe=Nekhebet.Amphion=Mercury.Pelias=Anpu/Hermes/Mani/Manigarm/Hermanubis.
Autolycus on Mount Parnassos=Ursa Minor/Atlas/Pan Lycorus.Delphinus[Derwen/Dryas/Daire]=Delphi.Cycnus=Apollo.
Pan=Oisin[Fawn]/Faunus/Ossian[see Hosius/Ossius,bishop of Cordoba,closest Christian advisor of Constantine the Great].See Roman cutlery covered in various epithets of Faunus and Christian symbols in Wikipedia account of Faunus.
Faunus[Pan/Min]=Inuus.Fauna[Bona Dea]=Ino/Inanna[Pasiphae/Medea].
Oak with golden fleece[Corona Borealis/ball of golden flax of Ariadne given to Theseus]=constellation Hercules[Dryas/
Daire/oak sacred to Telipinu[Set-Typhon/Delphinus].Telipinu rode on eagle[Aquila constellation].
Tenes=Dionysus of Tenedos.

Last edited: