Person in the backseat

Dragonsbreath

So we've all heard the tale of the woman/man who stops to get gas and goes back on the road. The car behind starts flashing it's lights and honking it's horn. He/she drives to the police station and they find a person in the back seat who was going to kill him/her. Anyone know if this was true at one time?

Dianna

Well, it is not that far fetched of a tale. I mean somewhere, at some time, it is bound that something like that has happened. Just out of the laws of statistics.

Nadai

I heard a story similar... or maybe not so similar.

A lady was pumping gas and went inside to pay. When she was walking back to her car the clerk came after her before she reached her car and told her she didn't pay. They got into an argument and eventually he took her back inside. When he had her back in the station he explained to her that he saw someone beneath her car and, sure enough, when she looked she saw a man beneath her car. They called the police, but before they arrived the man was gone. When the police arrived they told her that the same had happened to another woman. Her Achilles Tendon was slit so she couldn't run away, her car was stolen, she was rapped, then murdered.

A bit more morbid than you're story, but that's what I heard, though that was here in Virginia.

Isabelle

I had also heard of the person under the car slitting the Achilles tendon and according to Snopes that was true. As Nadai said neither of those scenarios is that farfetched. I always look under my car from a distance when walking back to it and always check my back seat before I get in as well.

Boudica

I always check out my car before I get in. This story has always creeped me out, it is not far fetched. There are a lot of crazy people in this world!

Nella

I agree I always have an urge to check my car before getting into it. Maybe it is because I live near two of the worst cities of the USA (Detroit and Pontiac, MI) anything could happen though!

TheReaper

I agree that this is a likely scenario. The only thing I'm not sure about is the car driving behind flashing its lights. The rest of it I totally believe though.

Medusa

This is an urban myth. It was said to have happened to a friend of a friend, or a cousin's roommate. No one actually knows the original story. It's really a plausible story so that's why we all think it happened. Weird.