Pandora's box

I think my list would include Niobe, for being stupid enough to brag that she was better than Leto. Arachne deserves to be on that list for the same hubris, but I think Aphrodite is more clever than you give her credit for.

Example- in some versions of Hippomenes and Atalanta, after they forget to thank Aphrodite, instead of getting her hands dirty, she just spurs them into lust at Athena's temple. She knew Athena would do them in and she didn't have to get blood on her hands.

well I think majority of the gods and goddesses are vain, not only Aphrodite. It's just that they don't want others (unfortunately, mortals and lesser deities) to surpass them.
I also think that sometimes these gods and goddesses believe that they are always right, sometimes, they, too, became very narrow-minded.
well, that's just what I think. :p

Dianna

I am not going to hate a story, myth or anything like that. It seems like a waste of time. I like both Pandora and Narcissus because I know people JUST like that and it humors me to think that man has been like that for so very long. Well humors and saddens me at the same time, but that is life.

I think my list would include Niobe, for being stupid enough to brag that she was better than Leto. Arachne deserves to be on that list for the same hubris, but I think Aphrodite is more clever than you give her credit fo
True. But as a 12 yr. old I don't really care if she did that i just hate her for her powers

LegendofJoe

I belong to a Greaco-Roman book club here in NY. It is called Homer's Kids.
We covered the story of Narcissus and some of the members felt a bit of sympathy for Narcissus: they claimed that
he was tormented because he could not have himself but at least he had the satisfaction of
knowing that no one else can possess the image in the water.
I responded by claiming that I still think he's just an asshole!!!