Online stalkers

magickz

Has anyone else had an online stalker before? I am randomly being stalked by someone on a social site and wondering when "too far" happens and how it should be handled??

Calliope

Unfortunately I've had experience in this department. The stalker kept following me to various sites, including forums and blogs that I posted on. Every comment I made, they would comment somewhere in the thread and write a lot of nasty things about me. I never did anything about it, eventually they left me alone, I wish I had though. If it's across state lines, I believe that you can report it to your police department just so that they have it on file. Then if something worse happens, there's already a notation on it. I hope that helps and good luck to you.

Bobby Givens

I have had someone on a forum "stalk" me and as with Calliope post to all my post with nasty responses. I simply chose to be the bigger person and walk away from the forum. I was sad about it, but I am an adult and I am not going to get into a forum war with someone who chooses not too.

Willowtree

People can be very strange. I've never had a stalker but you never know what will happen next. It's amazing to me how crazy some people can act, especially when they can be anonymous.

Diana

There was a man I was chatting to before I met my husband. We were only talking, apparently he thought it was more, when I met my husband and we started dating, he would not take no for an answer, I had to completely block him and report him to both yahoo and MSN.

magickz

So far its been blocking but it seems to happen every few years. Same person finds new ways to contact me. The bad part is that I can really not hide from them as their job is finding missing people for a living. :(