Norse goddesses...?

Olsen

There's a lot of discussion about the gods of Norse mythology, but... what about the goddesses? Who was the most important Norse goddess, in your opinion?

Was it Frigga, Odin's wife (who is considered the mother of all)? Or Freya, the goddess of love and beauty? Skadi, the giantess and goddess of winter and of hunt? Idunna, the goddess of youth?

I'm curious to read your thoughts about this...

LegendofJoe

I guess they were all important in their own way.
If I had to choose as the most important, it would have to be Frigga.
She is the queen of Asgard and the protector of marriage.
She can even outsmart Odin if she wanted to.
Freya would be a close second. A goddess of warfare, love, sexuality, magic and fertility,
she must have loomed large in the minds of the Scandinavians.
Frigga is important in name, but there seems to be more stories involving Freya, so some may feel that
she is the most important.

Rhonda Tharp

I'm tied between Ran - goddess of the sea who claimed sailor's souls,
and Skadi, for being a strong wintry bad ass.

Don't forget Hel... "helmets," Helsinki...

I guess they were all important in their own way.
If I had to choose as the most important, it would have to be Frigga.
She is the queen of Asgard and the protector of marriage.
She can even outsmart Odin if she wanted to.
Freya would be a close second. A goddess of warfare, love, sexuality, magic and fertility,
she must have loomed large in the minds of the Scandinavians.
Frigga is important in name, but there seems to be more stories involving Freya, so some may feel that
she is the most important.
yeah I think that's Frigg, given that she is the norse queen goddess. she could also foretell the future however she never dared to tell it to anyone.
freya would be the second, for me she became well-known with the story of how she got the brisingamen.
third is iduna, famous for her apples
fourth will be sif, wife of thor, whose golden hair was cut by loki
fifth will be nanna, balder's wife
that's my list

PS
yeah and also Hel, queen of the underworld :p

Ren

Not the most important, but my favorite Norse goddesses are the Valkyries, who decide who lives and dies in battle. From the dead, they choose warriors to become einherjar.

Idun definetly without her and her apples they would ALL die!! if you think about it. She's the only one who can pick them I believe so she is a NESSEFCITY!!!
~~~~~Drago~~~~

Alexia

If you are interested in Norse mythology, then help VuduPins Productions make a film based off of the Norse myths of Baldur's death. The film is called "Baldur's Dreams" and is centered around Odin, Frigg, Baldur, and Loki. Before we can begin filming, we need to raise funds. Please help us and go to this site and donate money. Spread the word and help this film get made. Every penny counts. Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vudupins/baldurs-dreams-a-norse-myth-short-film

Myrddin

Well, that's good. It is the main thing. The book I'm reading right now, there's a lot of people I hate whom make me rant and rave. The characters are so maddening. (Even some of the supposed "good guys".)