• Aztec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egyptian

• Other?

• Total voters

Carlos Ferrari

I'm been wondering from where or what is this. Ok, this is my house's door, but I find it quite intriguing about it's origins and I hope someone could help discover rather this is mayan, inca, aztec or just some random door. This door was here since 1990 I think, but no one of my family knows from where it came. here's the pic.

Sorry if it is a little big, but I wanted you all to see the details. :)

Libros

The art form isn't related to any culture I can think of. It may be a modern stylized representation of a mythological figure, but no idea who.

The headdress and beard remind me of a stereotypical Arabian Nights character. At first I thought he was holding the long stem of a flower, but it looks like it's connected to the backwards-S thing on the right. Maybe it's a hookah? I'm sure why he's standing on a chair either.

NothingToFear

Or why he has one clawed hand, and then a normal hand at knee/foot level. There are no real elements of a particular culture that I can pick out, rather a general stylised look that appears like it is meant to be assumed to be something that it is not.

Carlos Ferrari

I see, thanks for your thoughts. I'm just curious about it's origin. Have you noticed the hands reaching out from the bottom?

Quentin Woolery

I see those. Honestly, it looks like the door was carved in the 70's. Is that possible? It almost looks medieval in origin. Do you know how long the door has been hanging there?

Carlos Ferrari

I honestly don't know for how long the door has been here. This house was built before I was born, my grandfather built it but he never mentioned anything about the door origins. thank you all for commenting, just wanted to hear more opinions :)