Mythology question about soulmates

wisdom_of_trees

So, I vaguely remember (hopefully I'm not imagining this) a story about a pair of soul mates where one died and the legend goes that the one that was left behind's emotional pain was so great that it ended the world...or the universe or some such thing. Does anyone have any idea where this story comes from?

Thanks!

black_plague239

I've actually been searching for a similar story. The lover that was left behind killed evrything she touched because she wanted to cause the smae pain to everyone else. I'll see if I can find this story for you.

Rhonda Tharp

I realize you are discussing one lover mourning another, but this also reminds me of Demeter killing everything because her daughter was gone.

Caburus

I realize you are discussing one lover mourning another, but this also reminds me of Demeter killing everything because her daughter was gone.
This reminds me too of stories about mothers who loose their children, and their sorrow causing them to destroy the children of others - Lamia in Greek Myth; the Weeping Woman in Mexico (who also lost her husband).