Mythological names

Isabelle

Are there any names from mythology that you considered using for your children? I never considered mythological names for my kids, but we had two dogs named Achilles and Athena when we were first married.

Nadai

I have a few friends who named their kids Acheron or Styxx/Styx in honor of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter Series. I never thought about giving my kids mythological names, but I've had a Pluto and a Venus, and a Juno (pets).

Myrddin

For my children, no. For pets, yes. I always thought if I got a black cat, I would call him Apollo, or her Nimue. If I got a German Shepherd, then Athena; Yellow Lab or Golden, Thor.

Rhonda Tharp

My daughter's name is Maia Rhiannon. I named her Maia because the name is special to me with its connections to Buddha's mother, Hermes' mother, and the youngest of the Pleiades. She knows her name is mythologically related, and loves reading mythology. She "found out" that her name means "mother of wisdom" or sometimes, "grandmother of wisdom" and jokes that "she has a lot to learn." (she's 12)

Toni

I had not thought of naming your pets after mythological creatures but what a neat idea. You could choose the character that best fits the pet like Myrddin's Thor. (A powerful name for a Lab). I have a new little kitty that I could have ironically named Mngwa. Laughing!!

Myrddin

I had not thought of naming your pets after mythological creatures but what a neat idea. You could choose the character that best fits the pet like Myrddin's Thor. (A powerful name for a Lab). I have a new little kitty that I could have ironically named Mngwa. Laughing!!
He's a strange little guy then?

Toni

He is indeed. Obviously not as large as a real Mngwa but races around attacking anything in his path. When we pick him up and try to pet him, we never know if he will purr or attack. Hi is hilarious though and has brought much joy to our home.

Oak Leaves

I've not given children mythological names, unless it were a common name like Diana. I have taught students named Venus, Aphrodite, Paris, Athena and Ares. I'm sure there are others.

fairywings

I don't think I would name my children after mythological figures but I also agree that they make very good pet names! Maybe I'll name my next dog Zeus.

OracleLady

The thinking is that affiliates multiply your sales many times over. I think that's also the reasoning behind PPC, or pay-per-click, advertising. It's another think I know next to squat about.

Isis

There are some mythological names that I like quite a bit. My favorite is Athena, but I couldn't get my husband behind that one for our girls, so I guess I will have to use it on a cat in the future.