My interpretation of a story

fibi ducks

I read some of Geoffrey of Monmouth's "History of the Kings of England". Of course the first people to arrive here in England after the giants were some Trojans fleeing ruined Troy - or so he says at any rate. When they sailed west out of the mediteranian sea they passed through the pillars of Hercules - at the near points of North Africa and Spain. There they had to struggle to pass the Sirens, which they did.

What this mean t to me is probably not what it meant to anyone else: - but I got the story this way- They were going West. This means a journey to death ; being where the sun sets. But it was difficult to go that way, for all the temptation s were to do otherwise - that is, the sirens tried to lure them away from that path. To know death then, a person would have to put back all the sweet things that are offered on the way- the charms and stories of the next world.

This is my interpretation.

LegendofJoe

Interesting take on Monmouth.
I read his book years ago. I felt It was required reading if I was serious about reading everything I could
find on Arthurian myth.
There's a lot out there.:confused:

chimera

fibi ducks,
By the shadows there, the ducks are not heading south. They face death and will probably go west.
We used to live near a lake with geese and one Christmas Eve a man pedalled past on a bike with a sack which said "honk".

fibi ducks

fibi ducks,
By the shadows there, the ducks are not heading south. They face death and will probably go west.
We used to live near a lake with geese and one Christmas Eve a man pedalled past on a bike with a sack which said "honk".
Dear Chimera,
by the shadows, you may be right. However, I anticipate visa problems myself for the US, and this surely makes me immortal.
F.D.