Monsters in your area?

Arachne

What are some beasts, cryptids, aliens, etc. that are rumored to live in or pass through your area? These can include deliberate folklore or entities that are supposed to be real.

My entire state is a bigfoot hotspot, to my knowledge we don't have any lake/river monsters however.

Recently a hunter in the same county as me saw a very bizarre animal resembling a weasel but much larger. Apparently local researchers decided that it was some form of rogue martin or perhaps even wolverine.

Myrddin

Can't think of any offhand, but if I come across something, I'll definitely make a post.

Allie-Gator

We don't have any legends except the typical "black dog" sitings. These seem to happen quite a bit though. Otherwise, we are a cryptid free zone. :)

Toni

I live in an area that touts many legends and strange phenomenon including the Brown Mountain Lights. These lights appear each night and scientific research has detected no explanation for their appearance. Of course many ghost stories have come from the occurence of these lights and everyone loves a good ghost story.

Dianna

We have Bigfoot sightings here which is pretty cool. Something else that is weird is that we have a lot of large cats roaming our state. Where I live people can get exotic animals as pets without much trouble. So far there are at least 15 confirmed large cats lose in the state. The latest sighting was a leopard that is loose in a large park just north of where I live.