Mirrors and the devil

Myrddin

There is something about the Devil being associated with mirrors because of the reversed reflection, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is that the Devil does backwards or in reverse. I thought maybe it was the language he spoke, but I can't seem to find anything that supports that.

Isis

I'm just speculating here, but I would say it's because he's evil, the inverse of good, so he would be associated with opposites. That's why certain Satanic sects would invert the cross, for example.

magickz

I always heard it just as plain old evil, not specific to the Devil but some type of evil entity. Devil backwards is lived, which seems silly. I wonder if there is a spinoff of that??

Myrddin

I'm just speculating here, but I would say it's because he's evil, the inverse of good, so he would be associated with opposites. That's why certain Satanic sects would invert the cross, for example.
That's it!!! Thank you. Now that you say that, I recognize it as what I have been told before. I think it was only because the evil beings in The Taking talk backwards that I thought the association was pertaining to the Devil's language. Still could be an aspect I suppose.