Merlin's daughter

Caburus

In the Arthurian Romances, Percevil meets a lady who calls herself the Lady of the High Peak of Mount Dolorous, and claims to be the daughter of Merlin by a mistress. Any more information on her?

Caburus

You're also meant to be imprisoned in stone by Viviane, but you're getting internet access somehow!! :)
Your daughter appears in the early 13th Century 2nd continuation of Chretian de Troyes 'Perceval'. You were laying down the plans for showing that Perceval was going to be the purest of knights, but you also had time to find a mistress and build her a castle. You may not have known of her pregnancy before you left and started chasing after the Lady of the Lake.;)

Myrddin

Viviane, or Nimue as I have always known her, trapped me in my crystal cave beneath a stone, and bound me in with my own magic! Trust me, should I ever get out of here and see her again,... well, you don't want to know what will happen. I still have a lot at my exposal, though, to contact others, including internet. This is a magical cave, after all.;)
m
The only woman I ever had it in for was the beautiful Nimue, or Viviane as you call her. There was never anyone else. Certainly no children, as I never got as far I wanted to with Nimue. She trapped me here before anything could happen. I suppose I came on a little strong. You could almost say I drove her to such action.;)

Caburus

I'll have to take your word for it. Someone in the 13th Century (possibly Wauchier de Danain) thought you needed a daughter. Maybe some young infatuated fan was living her fantasy, spinning a yarn that took in poor innocent Perceval? The price of fame!;)
But what about your beautiful wife, Guendoloena? Has your obsession with Nimue clouded your memory? I know you repudiated her to be rid of the responsibility during your sojourn in the woods, but you did it reluctantly and for her own welfare. And Guendoloena would have happily followed you wherever your condition took you, such was her love. You can't have lost all affection for her? - you did kill her new husband, after all.:eek:

Myrddin

I never forget! What I meant was that there was never anyone else during that time period. Nimue was the only woman I loved for as long as I had been mentoring Arthur during the 5th century. My wife, Guendoloena, was well after that, later on the 6th century. I realize I may be confusing you, me still being in this cave and all, but how it happens, you see, is I can only break out of here every one hundred years or so, and then only in mind and spirit. My body always remains behind. You see I can't stray far from my body for too long, otherwise I literally will be dead (and never be able to return to this cave -- this cave, you see, is essential to retaining my magical prowess). I can still, at least, appear to be solid, even if I don't feel it.:)
m
You are right, I did kill Guendoloena's last husband. In my defence, he was bad for her.;)