May showers

Frumpy

They always say that April showers bring May flowers. I think April and May have brought too much water as it is.

I have also heard that if you wash your face with the first May shower, your skin will get younger.

I wonder if there are other Spring myths and urban legends.

Myrddin

Never heard that about the first May shower. It would have been nice if you had shared that a little sooner, you know.

I'm sure there are others, but none that I have heard of.

mythlvr

I've heard of it but I often wonder what state the person lives in that says that. I live in Washington State and April, May, June we have showers!!! Also July, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & March!!!

Myrddin

I've heard of it but I often wonder what state the person lives in that says that. I live in Washington State and April, May, June we have showers!!! Also July, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb & March!!!
So basically the only month without showers is August?

mythlvr

Basically that is true. We have some sunny days in other months true enough but by and large we have rain most of the time. In fact, This week we have had 65 and 70 degrees and Sunday they expect rain and 45 degrees.

But as much as we have rain I have to admit when it is sunny it is beautiful. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Myrddin

This year May has been quite a bit rainier than usual. Yesterday and today have been the first sunny days in a while, yet still, Sunday through to Tuesday they are predicting more rain (Monday and Tuesday, thunder storms even).