Marilyn monroe communism and jfk

Nora_Rose

I love Marilyn and find her life very interesting. She was on constant watch by the FBI as a communist and had numerous reported flings with JFK. So what are some of your thoughts on Marilyn being a communist? Do you think that somehow it relates to her death? What about JFK's possible part in everything? Conspiracy theories welcomed!

RLynn

According to Joe McCarthy, just about everyone in the movie industry was a potential communist, so it's no surprise that MM was on the list. Personally I doubt if she had much interest in politics. I can't avoid thinking that she and JFK may have had intimacies, but her death seems to be unrelated to either JFK or communism or the FBI.

Dianna

I didn't know she was a communist. She was probably very busy with fame and fortune, so why was the FBI watching her so closely?

Nora_Rose

Like Rlynn said basically back then there was so much paranoia with communism that basically everyone was thought to be a communist. I just remember from the book I read thy Marilyn had a FBI file that stated that a special meeting of hers in Mexico was thought to be communist related. I can't remember the specific details of it.

Dianna

I still think it is weird. Is there a movie out about this? I am really busy these days so if it isn't a movie or audio book I don't have the time to read up on it.

MysticSunshine

Yeah, like said above back then they seemed to think a lot of the 'stars' were communist, even Lucy Ball! Personally I think her death was related to JFK some how.

greekgoddess31

Marilyn Monroe was linked with a lot of powerful people so it is not surprising that she was on the watch list. There is a movie about the "red scare" and how it related to the movie industry but I can't think if what it is called right now.

Nora_Rose

If you remember post the movie name. That sounds like a movie I would enjoy watching! Is it an old movie or newer? I might have to try and look it up for myself.