List of songs that refer to Fairy Tales, or Mythology

palefrost

Puff the magic dragon. Now ive been told that it isnt a fairy tale song. that its about a acid trip but to me its about petes dragon lol. :D

Melos

Well, there is a Metallica song that says "We're off to Never-never land" referencing Peter Pan, I suppose.

I think a lot of goth and celtic type of music has fairy tale like themes. I like Blackmore's Night (Knight?) which speaks of fairies and gypsies and all that. Then you have Rush's Madrigal which speaks of dragons. They have several songs about necromancers and witches and stuff like that too.

jason

empty
Not sure if this would count or not, but there is an old Irish folk song. It is called The Unicorn. Nothing real fancy, just a song about there being no more unicorns because of the great flood.

doodlebug

What about the Music from the Sleeping Beauty ballet. I think it's by Tchikowsky (I probably butchered the spelling on the poor guy's name)

Oberon

Harro;847 said:
A lot of songs by Rhapsody, Luca Turilla, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian,...
I Agree with you :) Most of Power Metal bands are based on Epic fantasy and Mythology...

Blood Eagle

Aetheling
Oberon;954 said:
I Agree with you :) Most of Power Metal bands are based on Epic fantasy and Mythology...
Not to mention all the Viking metal bands like Enslaved, Falkenbach, Amon Amarth, Bathory, Thyrfing, etc. whose songs center around Norse mythological themes.

There are also Irish metal bands like Cruachan who write songs about Celtic mythology.

Faerie_Tale_Wonderland

Leg Humping Guy
doodlebug;317 said:
What about the Music from the Sleeping Beauty ballet. I think it's by Tchikowsky (I probably butchered the spelling on the poor guy's name)
you weren't too far wrong its Tchaikovsky :D

hmm...other bands I would say are Sonata Arctica (think its spelt right) and Korpiklaani :) those guys rock =]