Jewelry inspired by mythology

Mythos Jewelry

Hello fellow mythology friends!

I can understand that this might seem spammy, and I apologize if you view it as such.

I am a goldsmith from Norway, and I've just started my own collection. It's called Mythos, which I believe most of you will understand the meaning of.

So to cut this short, your time is valuable - I want to head your opinion on my jewelry. You can view it either on my site: https://mythos-jewelry.com/ or on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mythos/792749874079697.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to make this as cool as it possibly can be? As a norwegian I tend towards the Norse Mythology, but I try to be diverse in the types of jewelry I offer, as you probably see.

Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated. I bow to your knowledge in this matter.

Again, if this is viewed as spam because I just signed up, I apologize. :)

Attachments

Mythos Jewelry

That's great Myrddin. :) I work in internet marketing as a day job, so I see my fair share of spam. I know how most forums view people that post 1 post with links... Most are met with a crowd of angry people wielding pitchforks. :D Hope the others will agree with you on this.

Myrddin

So to cut this short, your time is valuable - I want to head your opinion on my jewelry. You can view it either on my site: https://mythos-jewelry.com/ or on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mythos/792749874079697.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to make this as cool as it possibly can be? As a norwegian I tend towards the Norse Mythology, but I try to be diverse in the types of jewelry I offer, as you probably see.

Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated. I bow to your knowledge in this matter.

Again, if this is viewed as spam because I just signed up, I apologize. :)
Don't forget Fenrir! ;) I love the wolf. Yggdrasil would be interesting too.

I would suggest to do something to add just a little colour to each piece. i.e. gems for eyes. That's it. I wouldn't do much more; I like them as they are, too.

I really like Thor's hammer, I think it's my favourite piece their. I also like the steampunk skull, mainly because I like steampunk.

E. M.

Myrddin

That's great Myrddin. :) I work in internet marketing as a day job, so I see my fair share of spam. I know how most forums view people that post 1 post with links... Most are met with a crowd of angry people wielding pitchforks. :D Hope the others will agree with you on this.
Most will agree with me. I've been using this forum for three years now, and so know everyone pretty well now. The regulars which have been around just about as long as I have, anyway. :)

E. M.

Mythos Jewelry

Thank you for your comment Myrddin. I also love the Thor's hammer. It'd be interesting to see if there are other themes that could be incorporated in a jewelry. Yggrdrasil, how do you think that would look like a jewelry? Is there something particular I should know about it? Some element that would make it extra cool?

As for gemstones, I can do jewelry with them, but this collection is in stainless steel, so gemstones is out of the question. :p :p

Myrddin

Thank you for your comment Myrddin. I also love the Thor's hammer. It'd be interesting to see if there are other themes that could be incorporated in a jewelry. Yggrdrasil, how do you think that would look like a jewelry? Is there something particular I should know about it? Some element that would make it extra cool?
I just thought with the branches of the tree reaching up and the roots reaching down, it would make an interesting piece, that's all. And being the world tree, it's a powerful symbol. It's more for the symbology than anything else that I like it.

As for gemstones, I can do jewelry with them, but this collection is in stainless steel, so gemstones is out of the question. :p :p
Fair enough. In that case, unless there's another to way add colour I don't know about, leave them as they are; I do like them as they sit.

I know I'm being nit-picky, and that's just me -- who I am -- but the Kraken seems to be missing two arms. Right now, he's an octopus. :eek: :)

E. M.

Mythos Jewelry

Thanks for the tip on Yggdrasil, I'll most likely make a pendant of it. Will let you know if I do. :)

As for the Kraken, I knew I left out the arms, they just didnt seem to fit the jewelry. Most people don't think about that stuff, at least I hope not, haha. But thanks for pointing that out none the less. :)

Myrddin

Thanks for the tip on Yggdrasil, I'll most likely make a pendant of it. Will let you know if I do. :)

As for the Kraken, I knew I left out the arms, they just didnt seem to fit the jewelry. Most people don't think about that stuff, at least I hope not, haha. But thanks for pointing that out none the less. :)
Again, it's just my nit-picky nature. Likely, most people either wouldn't notice or just not think anything of it. I still like it, it's a cool piece. :cool: I have to ask though -- or rather, confirm -- the Kraken is Scandinavian mythology, correct? Or was! :) Until it washed ashore the Newfoundland shore and was proven real. Not myth anymore! :eek: (Scary, isn't it?)

E. M.

Nadai

I just love dragons! They're such lovely creatures. In truth, all of these look pretty spectacular. I wouldn't recommend changing them too much. Don't fix it if it isn't broken and all that. However, I would say that maybe you could offer different types of chains. The pendants are lovely and I'm a big fan of this type of jewelry but, for me personally, I like necklaces with silk ties or leather ties. They're much more comfortable than chains. If I get particularly attached to my necklaces I tend to sleep in them and shower in them and I find that leather and silk cords feel best. But they are really lovely. Keep up the superb work.
--On a side not, I agree with Myrddin. Doesn't at all look like spam.