It's the end of the world as we know it...and i feel fine;)

Nadai

I don't get much chance to watch television so last night was my first time seeing this preview. Reality television is already on my X-list, what with shows like SisterWives, Toddlers in Tiaras, Mobwives, etc., but I feel like these take the cake. I know that there are people who really do fear that the world will end this year, but this is a bit over the top, in my opinion...to put your life and your families lives on hold to prepare for something that may not happen...I think I would want to be out living up my last days if I did think it was the end, but I suppose that's just me. With shows like these I feel more like people do these types of things just to get on television than because they actually think they could survive some cataclysmic event that will apparently destroy civilization.
How would you take the end of the world if it did actually come to that?
Do you know of anyone who's taking this Mayan prediction to heart and preparing for the end?
Would you survive the end of the world!?;)
Here's the preview for a new reality show called Independence USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozwnv1XBL8E
...and another for the show Doomsday Preppers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH6UA_Zs3ho

RLynn

......Do you know of anyone who's taking this Mayan prediction to heart and preparing for the end?
I know of a few who are taking it seriously, but they're the sort of people who will believe anything. :rolleyes: I don't think any of my personal acquaintances are like that, but if any are, I don't want to know.

Myrddin

I don't believe that the end of the world is coming. I am quite sure that 2012 will pass into 2013 without incident. Or even so much as a howdy-do. Life will go on. (I find it interesting, though, how the end of the world could come about. Some kind of chaotic extraterrestrial visit, I'm sure, not long after First Contact.):)

RLynn

I don't believe that the end of the world is coming. I am quite sure that 2012 will pass into 2013 without incident. Or even so much as a howdy-do. Life will go on. (I find it interesting, though, how the end of the world could come about. Some kind of chaotic extraterrestrial visit, I'm sure, not long after First Contact.):)
Watch out for giant asteroids. Crunch! :eek: Or maybe it will be as in T.S. Eliot's Poem, The Hollow Men:
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.