Is the being amun the same as ra?

adscientiam

I know Amun/Amon and Ra/Re were combined to Amun-Ra in the 11th dynasty and priests of both moved in together. But are both figures (Amun, Ra) really the same?

In the experiment of Don Elkins and Carla L. Rueckert, which was designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial being, they managed to talk to an entity that identified as Ra. This Ra said the following:

In the Eighteenth Dynasty, as it is known in your records of space/time distortions, we were able to contact a pharaoh, as you would call him... this young entity had been given a vibratory complex of sound which vibrated in honor of a prosperous god, as this mind/body complex, which we call instrument for convenience, would call “Amun.” The entity decided that this name, being in honor of one among many gods, was not acceptable for inclusion in his vibratory sound complex. Thus, he changed his name to one which honored the sun disc. This distortion, called “Aten,” was a close distortion to our reality as we understand our own nature of mind/body/spirit complex distortion. However, it does not come totally into alignment with the intended teach/learning which was sent. This entity, Akhenaten...

While Satanists say the following:

AMON
"Amon" is the Egyptian Sun God Amon Ra aka Merodach and the Babylonian God "Marduk"

• Zodiac Position: 0-4 Degrees of Taurus
  • April 20th-24th
  • Tarot Card: 5 of Pentacles
  • Candle color: Red or Gold*
  • Plant: Nightshade
  • Planet: Sun*
  • Metal: Gold*
  • Animal: Lion*
  • Element of: Fire and Air*
  • Amon rules over the Western Region of Hell*
  • Amon is a Day Demon and Governs 40 legions of spirits
He discerns the past, foretells the future, reconciles friends and enemies, procures love and causes love to flourish.
He is one of the most beautiful beings I have ever seen. He has very light blonde hair swept back; he is strongly built and has an enormous amount of positive energy. He is attended by a strong and aggressive falcon. He is literally radiant like the Sun. He is one of the 7 Sons of Satan. He is extremely proud, beautifully built, and very tall and strong.
— High Priestess Maxine
Ra doesn't identify with Amon, while Satanists say he's the same. I clearly don't know enough about this topic, so please help me out here.

Myrddin

From what I can tell, Amun and Ra (Re) are two separate deities who become associated with one another, or rather, Amun becomes associated with Ra. My source, The Oxford Companion to World Mythology, says Amun "represented the hidden aspect of pre-creation and [was] responsible ... for the existence of the primal egg of creation. Later Amun became associated with the Old Kingdom high god Re (Ra), and the result was Amun-Re."

Of Ra, the same source tells him as the "supreme deity and a personification of the all-important sun." It goes on to say of him that throughout the day he goes by Khepri (for the morning sun) an is associated with the god Horus as Re-Harakhti (for the hot noon sun). Finally, for the evening sun, he was sometimes associated as Re-Atum.

Separately, the book tells of Amun-Re as "Derived from an assimilation of Amun and Re, Amun-Re was the Middle and New Kingdom high god of ancient Egyptian Thebes, with a cult center at Karnak. Married to Mut, he was a solar god with a ram's head and was perhaps the most important high god in Egyptian mythology. It was he who was for a time briefly superseded during the reign of Akhenaton by the solar disk god the Aton." Make of that what you will.

adscientiam

Thanks for the elaborate explanation, what you shared is really interesting, but what I'm really after are informations from cross intersections between mythology and reality, not just what the mainstream mythology books attribute to history. Do you personally believe such entities were real?

adscientiam

What I mean is, there's a hidden aspect to history that slowly changed over the millenniums, that serves as a strong connection to occult theories, that's what I'm searching for.

Myrddin

Thanks for the elaborate explanation, what you shared is really interesting, but what I'm really after are informations from cross intersections between mythology and reality, not just what the mainstream mythology books attribute to history. Do you personally believe such entities were real?
Honestly, I do not. I find mythologies around the world fascinating, the various stories steeped in culture and belief, which why I like to study them. But, no, I don't believe any of the deities, or even heroes, ever existed. I view them more as fragments of rich imagination used for the various cultures to tell their stories.

I'm sure I have disappointed you with my response, and I apologize for that. But I must be true to myself, and I am guessing you want an honest answer. Here it is. :D

I wish you well in your search.

adscientiam

Honestly, I do not. I find mythologies around the world fascinating, the various stories steeped in culture and belief, which why I like to study them. But, no, I don't believe any of the deities, or even heroes, ever existed. I view them more as fragments of rich imagination used for the various cultures to tell their stories.

I'm sure I have disappointed you with my response, and I apologize for that. But I must be true to myself, and I am guessing you want an honest answer. Here it is. :D

I wish you well in your search.
As long as it's the honest answer I'm happy :). How about you activate your third eye and shift your knowledge paradigm to enlightenment? I'll help you do it, doesn't take too long. After that you'll believe they exist, you won't be able to doubt it anymore.

Myrddin

As long as it's the honest answer I'm happy :). How about you activate your third eye and shift your knowledge paradigm to enlightenment? I'll help you do it, doesn't take too long. After that you'll believe they exist, you won't be able to doubt it anymore.
I don't know, it sounds dangerous. Have you seen Insidious? That movie is just one example of how horribly it could turn out. That's not to say I'm not interested, though.

Give me some time to consider it...