Is anyone as sick of this one as i am

I have heard this so many times I'm sick of it! Facebook to start charging for us after (place your date of the demise of Facebook here). I have received tons of emails from friends and relatives with whom we keep in contact with via Facbook and I'm sick of it. FACEBOOK isn't going to charge for use. They get too much traffic to do this.

RLynn

So what if Facebook does start charging? If anyone doesn't want to pay, then I'm sure they can manage to survive without it, just as they did before it appeared. There are other ways to communicate with a large number of friends. For example, someone could put a private forum on a personal web page. However, as you say, it's probably just an unsubstantiated rumor. It seems strangely perverse, but some people apparently thrive on spreading gloom and doom rumors.

I agree totally. I just get so tired of getting the same notice again, and again, and again. People keep circulating this stuff and it's utter tripe! I would rather hear a new rumor in the next bunch of spam mail I get.

greekgoddess31

Wise Old Owl, I agree completely. I have been receiving these notices for almost 2 years now. It is ridiculous. Millions of people use Facebook and they make billions in advertising. I don't think they need to charge users.

WinterWitch

I'm tired of that one, but I confess the posts on Facebook that annoy me the most are the ones from friends that say "please don't send me game requests." It is much easier for the person to turn off those kind of requests from their own page than it is for the friends to remember not to send them. I also get tired of seeing the "please repost this" posts. Of course....I think I've had a bad attitude about Facebook ever since they made that last round of changes. lol...

magickz

People will circulate anyone online if they think they can get away with it. The issue I have is seeing the notice when its a hoax (any notice that is) and the person posting it is not taking the time before hand to see if its actually real or not.

The whole "This website is going to start charging!" fiasco is ongoing no matter which website you are on and yes, I'm tired of it too. Facebook is full of people who don't do their research. They just copy-paste and don't think that they should research. If you try to tell somebody that something is not true they will even argue despite the fact that they have not research it (and will admit it).

Athena

Some people will believe almost anything if they hear it or see it in print enough times. There are three things in life that are certain: death, taxes, and free Facebook.

magickz

I think the only thing that tops it is when a friend knows you are tech savvy, breaks their machine and then expects you to walk them through fixing it. This would of course be easier to do if they ran a security deal like a nice anti-virus but then again, who knows?

I think the only thing that tops it is when a friend knows you are tech savvy, breaks their machine and then expects you to walk them through fixing it. This would of course be easier to do if they ran a security deal like a nice anti-virus but then again, who knows?
Agreed. I have friends (on Facebook) who will get hacked from clicking on videos and things like that. They will put their information anywhere and expect me to "fix it" for them. You have to be careful and look at the URL before putting in your log in information.

OracleLady

Am I the last person in the world not to be on Facebook? If they start charging for it, or if they don't, it won't affect me much at all. Maybe I'll check it out one day, but probably not if they make me pay money to get in the door.

Am I the last person in the world not to be on Facebook? If they start charging for it, or if they don't, it won't affect me much at all. Maybe I'll check it out one day, but probably not if they make me pay money to get in the door.
If you have family that you want to keep in touch with online it's a great thing. Other times it makes me want to throw my laptop out of the window. Don't believe the hype about charging though. That is the rumor with every popular website but it's obvious they would actually lose users and can make enough money through advertisers.

Nadai

On the login page of facebook it says that facebook is and will always be free.
I'll admite I fell for the "facebook will start charging users" and I was not too pleased. I guess I've grown a bit fond of the website as annoying as it is to me sometimes. It's nice to be able to catch up with old friends that I haven't seen since I was a kid or relatives that I had forgotten I had.
My family laughed at me when I passed on the message:( they seemed to think it didn't matter, but I'd hate to see facebook go and I'd hate to leave it if they started charging, but I'm pretty sure that, even if they wanted to, they couldn't; I'm pretty sure that'd be false advertisement.

Myrddin

My family laughed at me when I passed on the message:( they seemed to think it didn't matter, but I'd hate to see facebook go and I'd hate to leave it if they started charging, but I'm pretty sure that, even if they wanted to, they couldn't; I'm pretty sure that'd be false advertisement.
You are very right. It would false advertising if they ever decided to start charging. As it is, someone just has way too much time on their hands and is trying to fill it with stupid rumours.