Illustrating myths and legends

konradlanga

Hello

I wanted to share a thing that i am doing here in my free time. Might even turn this into a small book to give out.

Hekate :

So i decided to illustrate myths and legends from all over the world, taking in unique creatures and beings and giving them faces and bodies.

Surt:

I started with pretty mainstream myths, and I actually understood that i am having trouble finding unique creatures, so i asked a couple of friends, they gavered a couple of myths from their countries and reading through those i understood that damn - there are so many interesting and unique ones.

Leshi:

So i decided to post my project somewhere to gather information from people, maybe you know something unique that you would really like to see illustrated? It might turn out unique. I did a couple of sketches.

If you guys are interested post any ideas that you think would be really great to illusrate. Also if you want , you can support my patreon - https://www.patreon.com/user?u=47709&ty=h

Last edited:

Misa

Wow, these are all gorgeous. Well, with the recent ending of 'Lucifer' on Fox I'm thinking a lot about the ancient goddess Asherah the wife/consort of YHWH/El. What would the mother of angels and queen of heaven look like?

There is also the Irish hero Fionn and his adoptive mothers the druid Bodhmall (his aunt) and a fighting woman/shield maiden, Liath Luachra growing up in the mountain forests of Sliabh Bladhma which I rarely see depicted. I see Greek, Norse and Slavic, although I'm not too sure what Glosson is from? Do you have a preference?

konradlanga

Thanknyou, Misa. Will deffinetly check those out and sketch a couple of ideas ))) gloson is a swedish legend, i found only a swedish wiki page. If I remember correctly - glosson a demonic pig with iron quils , that would cut you in half. It was supposed to be active during a yearly run challenge of some sort.

Sarfaraj

The following is a list of both major. This is a list of female gods only.

Amphitrite -The wife of Poseidon and a Nereid.

Antheia - Goddess of gardens, flowers, swamps, and marshes.

Aphrodite -Goddess of love and beauty.

Artemis -Goddess of the moon, hunting, and nursing.

Astraea - goddess of justice, included in Virgo and Libra mythologies.

Até - Goddess of mischief.

Athena -Goddess of wisdom, poetry, art, and the strategic side of war.

Atropos - She cut the thread of life and chose the manner of a persons death.

Bia - The goddess of force.

Brizo - A prophet goddess and protector of mariners, sailors, and fishermen.

Goddess of Beauty