Humbling time

magickz

It is always nice when you can have a family get together without the nuisance of arguments breaking out over a disagreement with religious, philosophical or random other issues that cause break out nit picking sessions. I have had a great weekend and this Monday everything is going according to plan - what more could I be blessed with?

Nadai

My mother always taught me that the two most important things to never discuss around the table is religion and politics; it's nice to be able to have those types of conversations with family.

magickz

In this day and age most people would disagree, its more about being loud & in charge. The louder you speak the more people will listen and follow you. I guess I am old school this way. :)

Dianna

We have a rule at our family gatherings, no talking about religion or politics. For us the rule has worked pretty well. Since we started using it almost no arguments have broken out.

MysticSunshine

Funny, we have always felt the same way. Wonder why that seems to be the same with a lot of other families. But I have noticed that anytime you get a group together, family or not, if politics or religion are brought up, sure enough, you will end up with some arguing going on.