How many times has the world ended?

Isis

How many times has it been predicted that the world was going to end? Between just tomorrow and 2012, I keep wondering when all the Chicken Littles are going to wise up. Of course if the world really did end, boy would I be surprised! :D

Myrddin

The world better not end any time soon. I'm only just about to go to college; and actually start my life.

Travis

I even wonder if it would ever end. I don't know why people keep predicting the end of the world. They need to stop annoying other people by doing that and get a life.

LegendofJoe

The Jehovahs' Witnesses maintain the record with regard to the amount of predictions made concerning the end times.

TheLoreman

How many times has it been predicted that the world was going to end? Between just tomorrow and 2012, I keep wondering when all the Chicken Littles are going to wise up. Of course if the world really did end, boy would I be surprised! :D
Predicted to end..? A lot! Too many. I remember reading about Nostrodamus back in the 90's and what he was predicting and really all that stuff is so open to interpretation you could pretty much conjure the idea that a mole with a buzz haircut is going to destroy the world.. If you were so inclined. I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Still how would we know. Maybe it already has come to an end and we're just living out a sort of echo of what it once was...

Travis

By the way, so the world is supposed to have ended on May 21, right? :) I am curious about Mr. Camping. Is it his math or his brain which needs a little adjustment?

Katie

By the way, so the world is supposed to have ended on May 21, right? :) I am curious about Mr. Camping. Is it his math or his brain which needs a little adjustment?
I saw an interview on TV where he was saying something like "LOLJK the world's ending on October 21." Ah well at least I'd have watched the final Harry Potter movie by then.

Myrddin

It's his brain that needs the adjustment. Math has nothing to do with it.

Myrddin

I saw an interview on TV where he was saying something like "LOLJK the world's ending on October 21." Ah well at least I'd have watched the final Harry Potter movie by then.
The most important thing for sure. There's no way I'd want to die without having seen the final Harry Potter, either.

Wotan

If the world ends in 2012, JUST after I have finished Year 12 and started partrying (okay, to be fair I will have partied for a year straight by then but still) I will be so! mildly frustrated.

Myrddin

If the world ends in 2012, JUST after I have finished Year 12 and started partrying (okay, to be fair I will have partied for a year straight by then but still) I will be so! mildly frustrated.
That's fair.

Katie

The most important thing for sure. There's no way I'd want to die without having seen the final Harry Potter, either.
Of course. Obviously it's an end of an era so some big change should happen once the final Harry Potter film is out. It might as well be the end of the world.

Travis

Yeah, I am glad the final movie will be released in summer this year, though I was not aware that it's the sign of the end of the world. But we would still miss Thanksgiving and Christmas. :(