Hiv + pepsi

Allie-Gator

Well, now I've heard everything. There are rumors going around that a Pepsi worker who is HIV + has put some of his blood into the Pepsi that was being bottled. Even if he or she did, HIV will not live long outside of the body so it's a non issue. The things that people will come up with!

MysticSunshine

Yes it does sound a bit ridiculous and just the thought of someone doing that is disgusting to say the least. I just wonder how much of it is true and how exactly was it found out?

Dianna

That is a disgusting rumor, but it is more likely that Coke started that rumor to keep people from buying Pepsi than for that to happen or be an issue.

Myrddin

I most certainly hope Coke did not start it. Because that's just way below the belt. And a good way to ruin themselves. If found out, they would lose a lot more customers than they would gain. I would guess it was probably started by some bored perp with too much time on his/her hands.

greekgoddess31

I would hope it wouldn't happen , but these days you just never know if something like that is true. I don't think Coke needs to start rumors like that to get their market share, they pretty much just dominate Pepsi in every way.

jerri

How much blood did this guy lose? Think about it--even if he put blood in one can it wouldn't do anything. If Coke can make an old penny look new I'm sure Pepsi can kill a few germs between bottling (canning?) and consumption.

Isis

I would hope it wouldn't happen , but these days you just never know if something like that is true. I don't think Coke needs to start rumors like that to get their market share, they pretty much just dominate Pepsi in every way.
Well they shouldn't dominate, because Coke sucks and Pepsi rules. ;) My first thought was that Coke started this rumor, but honestly I doubt they would or need to stoop to that.

Myrddin

I honestly don't think Coke would do that, just because it's just such an awful thing to do. And I agree, Pepsi rules. Coke only works if it's a mixed drink (e.g. rum and coke).

greekgoddess31

Isis and Myrddin, I will just have to agree to disagree! Coke is the best. Pepsi always gives me a bellyache and I think it is too sweet.

Ramina

Completely agree with you guys just read somewhere that The Message / SMS floating regarding Pepsi and Tropicana being contaminated with HIV AIDS is completely absurd and baseless. Pepsi and Tropicana are 100% safe. All pepsico products are manufactured in fully automated plants, untouched by hand, that maintain global standards of quality and excellence. There are several third party consumer protection websites debunking the rumour, such as snopes.com, urbanlegends.about.com and hoax-slayer.com; please see the link - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pepsi-hiv-hoax.shtml
Source(s): http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pepsi-hiv-hoax.shtml

Enchanted

I remember hearing this one. I used to have some friends who worked at a bottling plant who swore up and down they would never drink from a glass bottle, because it was probably tainted from something. They figured they come in dirty to be recycled and who knows what could happen in the process? We think they sterilize everything perfectly but do we really know for sure?

Myrddin

This reminds me of the Edward Norton Incredible Hulk movie, in which he accidentally lets a drop of his blood fall into a bottle being filled with some drink, which after being shipped to America, Stan Lee gets much more of a kick then he expected (which ultimately sends a military team to that country where Bruce Banner is hiding). Maybe this has something to do with the beginnings of this hiv/pepsi rumour?