Historical crushes

Have you ever had a crush on a historical figure, or somebody who is no longer living?

I have. :oops:

I have to say that young Thomas Edison was handsome. I think that Sylvia Plath was also quite a pretty woman.

Myrddin

Yes. Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn; both of whom are, or I guess were, very fine actresses.

DarkFolly

Oh, sure! I have. I had a big ol' crush on King Arthur when I was younger, and later Alexander the Great and Charlemagne. I guess I have a thing for royalty?

In addition to my few above, I wouldn't say that I have a crush on Henry VIII but I do have a fascination with him. I read every book about him, but mainly his wives, that I can get my hands on.

serenity

I have to say I have a bit of a crush on two different men....Beethoven and John Donne. Beethoven wrote some very passionate and beautiful love letters (My Immortal Beloved), and John Donne wrote such a beautiful poem to his mistress (An Ode To My Mistress Upon Going to Bed). I can't help bu think what it must be like to inspire such passions in the man who loves you. *sigh*