Heracles

Zecora

I like the tales of Heracles, but I couldn't believe how completely jumbled up Disney made them when it made the movie. I understand that you can't show most of greek myth to little tots, but still. They got everything so wrong...

Myrddin

I like the tales of Heracles, but I couldn't believe how completely jumbled up Disney made them when it made the movie. I understand that you can't show most of greek myth to little tots, but still. They got everything so wrong...
No kidding, that movie is horrible! You would think they didn't do any reseach beforehand, it is so inaccurate. It is true that their are some aspects of Greek myth that shouldn't be shown to little ones, but it is easy enough to edit things out; no need to change the whole story. The only thing they got right, at all, were the gods' and goddesses' names. Even their behaviour was wrong.

The only thing they got right, at all, were the gods' and goddesses' names. Even their behaviour was wrong.
yeah that's one of the reasons why I never enjoyed or liked watching mythology-inspired movies, because sometimes, like Myrddin said, only the names are retained. :(

Myrddin

yeah that's one of the reasons why I never enjoyed or liked watching mythology-inspired movies, because sometimes, like Myrddin said, only the names are retained. :(
Yes, and it takes away from the mythology. Having the names right doesn't automatically make it mythology. All of a sudden, it is no longer a mythological based movie, but instead, a movie with vague references to mythology. Not the same thing!

You know, this is one Disney movie the kids didn't make me sit through. I don't think I've ever seen it at all. Sounds like I did a good thing by missing this one.