Help With Greek-Story

Redscarf

Help With Greek-Story

I'm writing a modern-day Greek comic book where the gods are reincarnated into mortals, and for the longest time I've been having trouble coming up with their exact abilities when they fight the antagonist (not with all of them, though).
Here's what I have:

Zeus - He uses thunder abilities, borrows Hermes' speed and is the leader (easy, but not much to him)

Persephone - Abilities: unknown Modern-day Melee Weapon: Unknown (is a scientist in this new form, but other than that I dunno what powers she would have from her past life)

Aphrodite - I have her being able to make people do her bidding, and I also have her helping people <ya know, with the power of love?> Her modern-day character creator gave her wings (like a female version of cupid), and would this be wrong to give her?

Ares - I just gave him super strength, but it feels like he should have more than that...

Athena - I made her super smart, and good with a rapier and in fantasy term, I made her like a Battle Mage (does this make sense?)

Thanatos - I allowed him to be able to kill, but also reverse the effects and control spirits of the damned

Poseidon - He's capable of controlling anything to do with water (pretty simple and easy)

Apollo - He's the healer, he's in a band, and can paint extremely well, and he can see into the future (though he can't control it)

Hera - As a mortal, she's ghost ('cause she died), but she's physically tough and can inflict curses (does the whole curses thing make sense?)

Artemis - I allowed her to talk with animals and control them (pretty simple, I believe)

Does anyone know where I can find more in-depth stuff about their abilities, or can anyone help me out? Thanks, in advance. XD

I'm writing a modern-day Greek comic book where the gods are reincarnated into mortals, and for the longest time I've been having trouble coming up with their exact abilities when they fight the antagonist (not with all of them, though).
Here's what I have:

Zeus - He uses thunder abilities, borrows Hermes' speed and is the leader (easy, but not much to him) If you like you could make him control the weater and stuff.

Persephone - Abilities: unknown Modern-day Melee Weapon: Unknown (is a scientist in this new form, but other than that I dunno what powers she would have from her past life) Think about her mother and go from there.

Aphrodite - I have her being able to make people do her bidding, and I also have her helping people <ya know, with the power of love?> Her modern-day character creator gave her wings (like a female version of cupid), and would this be wrong to give her? The wings hmm probably not powers are a-okay

Ares - I just gave him super strength, but it feels like he should have more than that...
When people get around him his presence should just make them angry grr

Athena - I made her super smart, and good with a rapier and in fantasy term, I made her like a Battle Mage (does this make sense?)
Perfect
Thanatos - I allowed him to be able to kill, but also reverse the effects and control spirits of the damned Hades?

Poseidon - He's capable of controlling anything to do with water (pretty simple and easy)
Great.
Apollo - He's the healer, he's in a band, and can paint extremely well, and he can see into the future (though he can't control it) Just Right.

Hera - As a mortal, she's ghost ('cause she died), but she's physically tough and can inflict curses (does the whole curses thing make sense?) Okay

Artemis - I allowed her to talk with animals and control them (pretty simple, I believe)
That's good
Does anyone know where I can find more in-depth stuff about their abilities, or can anyone help me out? Thanks, in advance. XD
Hermes: A teenager who like to steal stuff I guess would fit his description.

frang

with minty fresh powers
When you're stuck for what powers to go with, look at the backstory of the god/goddess and see what drives them emotionally. Because even more interesting than powers in a comic book or graphic novel is the characterization. So, for Persephone, for example, you could look at her backstory as one of innocence lost, abduction, and rape. What does that do to a person, in terms of her motivations and emotions.

OK, for powers, consider that as a fertility goddess (or daughter of one), she could make plants grow, or wither and die. In some sense, this means she could control the weather.

Apart from her abduction story, in earlier times, Persephone was feared as the Queen of the Underworld-- you couldn't even speak her name aloud, because she could take you to the underworld. Sure, you'd be immortal, feasting with dead heroes for all eternity, but you'd be dead too.

cuzido

It does sound great. I have to agree with fang about Persephone. Allow her to make things grow but give her a vengeful side that maybe she protects women who have been wronged by men. Kinda like Kali from the Egyptian Goddesses. Like they said reading up on your mythology will also help. I understand you want to give it a twist and finding out what was in the mythology of each one should help you to find a way to do just that. I think I would add the god of Chaos too. I can't believe I don't remember his name, I think it is Lokey. Good luck to you and I hope you will share this with us.

Nadai

I think they're all good, Hera cursed people all the time as a goddess.
I think Persephone should have risidual powers from her mother, like be able to speak to plants and make them grow.
I always thought of Aphrodite as more of a trickster than a helper, like with Psyche and Paris.

I think you can read Hesiod's Theogony; it's not a very long book. If you need Stories about the Gods look into Ovid's Metamorphosis. It's a good read and very informative.

Chimeranick

Ares should not only have super strength and durability but he should be a master with all weaponry and battle tactics. Also, for his character, keep in mind that even though he was the war god, he was at heart a coward! He was also vain, arrogant and constantly feuding with Athena.

Lynnajens

This sounds awesome.
I'm writing a Greek mythology series called the Gorgon Chronicles at the minute. It's a series of three books and is about the adventures of Medusa and Poseidon's daughter as she tries to bring back her mother from the Underworld.
Good luck with your project.

Myrddin

This sounds awesome.
I'm writing a Greek mythology series called the Gorgon Chronicles at the minute. It's a series of three books and is about the adventures of Medusa and Poseidon's daughter as she tries to bring back her mother from the Underworld.
That sounds like a fun trilogy. What's your intended target audience? I mean, is it going to be a children's series or an adult series?