Help w/ my Medea trial

KingAegeus

Help w/ my Medea trial

My teacher assigned my class to play out a trial of Medea vs. Jason. I was assigned to the Medea side and I am a lawyer who will try and prove it was Jason's fault that caused all the trouble (killing of Medea's two sons and, princess, and king.) My group told me to question Aegeous but the problem is I can't think what questions to ask King Aegeous to make Medea look good and Jason look bad. I tried to think of something first before coming here, but my mind is just blank. It doesn't seeem like I can ask many, but if you guys have any posible questions you can think of, IT WOULD BE AWESOME. Anyone knowledgable on greek mythology? Thanks guys a lot

AcadianSidhe

KingAegeus;911 said:
My teacher assigned my class to play out a trial of Medea vs. Jason. I was assigned to the Medea side and I am a lawyer who will try and prove it was Jason's fault that caused all the trouble (killing of Medea's two sons and, princess, and king.) My group told me to question Aegeous but the problem is I can't think what questions to ask King Aegeous to make Medea look good and Jason look bad. I tried to think of something first before coming here, but my mind is just blank. It doesn't seeem like I can ask many, but if you guys have any posible questions you can think of, IT WOULD BE AWESOME. Anyone knowledgable on greek mythology? Thanks guys a lot
I would see how the King pressured his daughter or the way his demeanor towards her turned her ruthless.

greekgeek

Wanderer
It may be too late now, but I really do suggest reading Euripides' Medea -- here's an online translation.

See how Medea defends herself.

Here's a hint. She was a barbarian in a foreign land, and with Jason marrying a new wife, what was the logical thing for Jason to do to her?

More importantly, what would happen to the suddenly-illegitimate sons of a king trying to appease his new wife and father-in-law?

Was death the worst thing that could've happened to them?