Halloween!

Nadai

I know that not everyone celebrates Halloween. When I was a kid, actually, we weren't allowed to participate in Halloween either. But now that I've got a family of my own, I love all things Halloween! I'm just curious what you guys do for your Halloween (or if you're not a Halloween-er;), your Fall) tradition. My kids and I make a Haunted House (similar to a Gingerbread House), and do the Halloween movies, and junk food, and costume parties, and of course, Trick-or-Treating.

What does Fall/Halloween mean to you? Is it a time to reflect on the true meaning and rituals of Halloween or just a time for scary movies and junk food?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :):D;)

Myrddin

Scary movies, definitely! And, traditionally, I dress up and hand out candy - this year at a dogsitting clients home. I was dogsitting that week. So I still dressed up, but not as scary as I tend to likie to do. Completely different neighbourhood, so I thought I best not. Next year, though...

I must admit, though, scary movies are good any time of the year for me. :) Sinister or The Grudge or something like that.

E. M.

Nadai

What'd you dress up as this year, may I ask?

I broke out Nightmare before Christmas, and The Corpse Bride. I also FINALLY watched Alice in Wonderland all the way through (the one with Johnny Depp). It was actually really good and not at all scary like I was told it was.

Myrddin

What'd you dress up as this year, may I ask?

I broke out Nightmare before Christmas, and The Corpse Bride. I also FINALLY watched Alice in Wonderland all the way through (the one with Johnny Depp). It was actually really good and not at all scary like I was told it was.
I didn't actually really put a whole lot of effort into it this year. All I did was dress in black before throwing on a black cloak. That was it. Then I handed out candy, and later watched The Amazing Spider-Man.

So you had a Tim Burton night, eh? Fun. I haven't seen The Nightmare Before Christmas for a long time, but I own both the other two you mentioned. They're really enjoyable, I find. Tim Burton's movies aren't always scary - he just has a certain feel that goes into his movies. An ominous atmosphere is how I would describe it. I've actually been hoping that when Hollywood finally adapted Odd Thomas he would direct or produce. Alas, it was not so. :(

E. M.

Nadai

I didn't actually really put a whole lot of effort into it this year. All I did was dress in black before throwing on a black cloak. That was it. Then I handed out candy, and later watched The Amazing Spider-Man.

So you had a Tim Burton night, eh? Fun. I haven't seen The Nightmare Before Christmas for a long time, but I own both the other two you mentioned. They're really enjoyable, I find. Tim Burton's movies aren't always scary - he just has a certain feel that goes into his movies. An ominous atmosphere is how I would describe it. I've actually been hoping that when Hollywood finally adapted Odd Thomas he would direct or produce. Alas, it was not so. :(

E. M.
I have enjoyed most of the Tim Burton's movies I've seen. I didn't like Nightmare Before Christmas all that much, though, but I knew the kids would like it.

Myrddin

I have enjoyed most of the Tim Burton's movies I've seen. I didn't like Nightmare Before Christmas all that much, though, but I knew the kids would like it.
I don't actually remember a whole lot about it, except that Jack Skelton is a little nuts, wanting to take over Christmas Town and all that. But I suppose that's to be expected for someone from a dimension that has Halloween going on all the time. I wish we had Halloween going on all the time. Ee-hee-hee, HEH, heh-heh. BWAA, HA HA, HA HA-AAAA! :) I think I just might be a little insane myself! Heh, heh-heh!

;)

E. M.

Nadai

I don't actually remember a whole lot about it, except that Jack Skelton is a little nuts, wanting to take over Christmas Town and all that. But I suppose that's to be expected for someone from a dimension that has Halloween going on all the time. I wish we had Halloween going on all the time. Ee-hee-hee, HEH, heh-heh. BWAA, HA HA, HA HA-AAAA! :) I think I just might be a little insane myself! Heh, heh-heh!

;)

E. M.
Oh yes. I agree so too. "You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ;)

Myrddin

Did you here a second one is being planned? For "Alice in Wonderland" I mean? Stupid I think, especially since it appears that Tim Burton isnèt even a part of it. And it doesn't look as if Mia Wasikowska is even confirmed yet. She's kind of integral I would think! In fact, Johnny Depp is the only one on the list so far. Ugh!

E. M.

Nadai

Did you here a second one is being planned? For "Alice in Wonderland" I mean? Stupid I think, especially since it appears that Tim Burton isnèt even a part of it. And it doesn't look as if Mia Wasikowska is even confirmed yet. She's kind of integral I would think! In fact, Johnny Depp is the only one on the list so far. Ugh!

E. M.
I don't think that would be a good idea. I hate when that happens. I think the first movie was good enough, it doesn't need a sequel.

Myrddin

I don't think that would be a good idea. I hate when that happens. I think the first movie was good enough, it doesn't need a sequel.
Exactly! It's just that these days, when a movie does well, they always have to make a sequel. It's completely stupid, because a lot of these movies really don't need it, and more often than not, they turn out to be less than entertaining. I hope some of those folks catch this post. Maybe they will heed my words?!?!! :)

E. M.

Nadai

Exactly! It's just that these days, when a movie does well, they always have to make a sequel. It's completely stupid, because a lot of these movies really don't need it, and more often than not, they turn out to be less than entertaining. I hope some of those folks catch this post. Maybe they will heed my words?!?!! :)

E. M.
We can only hope! I can't count the number of times I've really enjoyed a movie only to have it ruined by the sequel! Especially when they hire different actors to play the same characters! That makes me very angry:mad::(

Myrddin

We can only hope! I can't count the number of times I've really enjoyed a movie only to have it ruined by the sequel! Especially when they hire different actors to play the same characters! That makes me very angry:mad::(
Exactly!!! I hate it when an actor drops out, or the director or producer thinks someone else is better for the next one (or someone's hubby thinks they shouldn't return for the next one - Tom Cruise!!). It's much better when, once someone is cast for a role, they stay or, if they can't for some reason, then the character is written out. They only exceptions lie in something like Doctor Who when the Doctor regenerates - he's supposed to look and sound different. In Science Fiction, actor change-ups can be written in like that, so I can accept it. (By the way, I absolutely LOVE Doctor Who. Amazing show!) But, yes, otherwise it makes me rather angry as well. Grr! They at least better not do that with Alice!

By the way, have you seen the trailer for Maleficent? It is amazing!

E. M.

Nadai

Exactly!!! I hate it when an actor drops out, or the director or producer thinks someone else is better for the next one (or someone's hubby thinks they shouldn't return for the next one - Tom Cruise!!). It's much better when, once someone is cast for a role, they stay or, if they can't for some reason, then the character is written out. They only exceptions lie in something like Doctor Who when the Doctor regenerates - he's supposed to look and sound different. In Science Fiction, actor change-ups can be written in like that, so I can accept it. (By the way, I absolutely LOVE Doctor Who. Amazing show!) But, yes, otherwise it makes me rather angry as well. Grr! They at least better not do that with Alice!

By the way, have you seen the trailer for Maleficent? It is amazing!

E. M.
Agreed

I watched it last night. I hate that it doesn't come out until next summer.

Myrddin

Agreed

I watched it last night. I hate that it doesn't come out until next summer.
May 30. So more late spring. Looks amazing though, doesn't it? I just keep watching and watching the trailer. OMG, Angelina Jolie looks so good as Maleficent. Just. Can't. Wait!!

E. M.

Myrddin

Oh, also, Aurora is played by Elle Fanning, Dakota Fanning's little sister. And toddler Aurora is Angelina Jolie's own daughter - Vivienne Jolie-Pitt.

E. M.

Nadai

Agreed! I'm pretty pumped as well.

Oh wow! I totally did not know that! That's awesome. I really can't wait to see it.