Halloween marathon

greekgoddess31

I watched a marathon of the Halloween movies last night and I forgot just how silly most scary movies are. They are so predictable sometimes. I mean the killer can never be killed-he always comes back and instead of running for the nearest exit, people run up the stairs.

Nadai

That always gets me too! On the rare occasion that I do watch a scary movie, I watched The Wax Museum recently, I find myself screaming at the tv! Why bypass the front door and head for the stairs when you see someone in your house!? "I'm going to go upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom, he'll never find me there!" And how the bad guy never has to run after anyone. He always looks like he's out for a Sunday stroll, just he and his trusty ax, but somehow after hours of running the victim finds that he is standing there waiting for her, not even having broken a sweat. What also gets me is why no one ever turns on a light in scary movies. The first thing I do when I come home at night is flip the switch.
Movies like that, where, in the end the man and woman survive after seeing all of their friends and family murdered and have been brought closer by the experience, make me shake my head.
...Also, seeing Paris Hilton on film... Another headshaker.

Isabelle

I like Halloween movies although I do wish just once in awhile someone would make an intelligent horror movie or do somethig a little different. Say for instance the girl that gets naked first somehow makes it to the end of the movie, and the blonde cheerleader doesn't snap her ankle while running up the stairs.

Nadai

I like Halloween movies although I do wish just once in awhile someone would make an intelligent horror movie or do somethig a little different. Say for instance the girl that gets naked first somehow makes it to the end of the movie, and the blonde cheerleader doesn't snap her ankle while running up the stairs.
:DHaha! I forgot about the blonde.:p

magickz

Happy Samhain all! We are planning to watch a ton of movies tonight after dinner festivities with the kiddos. We even both too tomorrow off so we can enjoy the day together and spend a little quality time (away from the kids). Its going to be a blast and we have Samhain cookies too!

Myrddin

That always gets me too! On the rare occasion that I do watch a scary movie, I watched The Wax Museum recently, I find myself screaming at the tv! Why bypass the front door and head for the stairs when you see someone in your house!? "I'm going to go upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom, he'll never find me there!"
Maybe there's a hidden door behind the toilet.:(

And how the bad guy never has to run after anyone. He always looks like he's out for a Sunday stroll, just he and his trusty ax, but somehow after hours of running the victim finds that he is standing there waiting for her, not even having broken a sweat.
The villain can teleport. It's a common trait in these Horror movies. Supernatural you know.;)

What also gets me is why no one ever turns on a light in scary movies. The first thing I do when I come home at night is flip the switch.
Well, you know they got to keep the atmosphere. It's no fun running around a house at night with a serial killer hot on your heels when all the lights are on. They want to be scared and picked off one-by-one.:D

Movies like that, where, in the end the man and woman survive after seeing all of their friends and family murdered and have been brought closer by the experience, make me shake my head.
Agreed. I'd think after seeing all your friends killed one after the other, would be enough to make you want to check yourself into a psyche ward. I mean, come on, you'd need some serious therapy after that. Now Paranormal Activity, those are good movies. Well, the first two anyway, haven't seen the third yet. Very different from the usual serial killer types. And the second one is amazing, how it links to the first with Katie and such. Definitely better than the first one. I'd recommend watching them.

...Also, seeing Paris Hilton on film... Another headshaker.
Paris Hilton on film?:eek: Now thats Horror. *gasp*

greekgoddess31

I just have to laugh at all the dissection. It's like Jamie Kennedy said on Scream - there's a formula for scary movies. I also agree Paris Hilton on film was definitely horrifying!

It was particularly horrifying. She doesn't act, she just acts naturally. Being a dumb blonde is a complement to her. That movie was a joke, as was the Wrong Turn movies. I thought they were horrible.

Nadai

Maybe there's a hidden door behind the toilet.:(
The villain can teleport. It's a common trait in these Horror movies. Supernatural you know.;)
Well, you know they got to keep the atmosphere. It's no fun running around a house at night with a serial killer hot on your heels when all the lights are on. They want to be scared and picked off one-by-one.:D
Agreed. I'd think after seeing all your friends killed one after the other, would be enough to make you want to check yourself into a psyche ward. I mean, come on, you'd need some serious therapy after that. Now Paranormal Activity, those are good movies. Well, the first two anyway, haven't seen the third yet. Very different from the usual serial killer types. And the second one is amazing, how it links to the first with Katie and such. Definitely better than the first one. I'd recommend watching them.
Paris Hilton on film?:eek: Now thats Horror. *gasp*
Again, why isn't there a hysterical laughter icon?
Thanks Myrddin, I needed that.