Green Fairy Tale, Red Fairy Tale...

TinyStar

Green Fairy Tale, Red Fairy Tale...

Anybody remember reading the series of Color Fairy Tale books edited by Andrew Lang?
Books in this series included: The Red Fairytale Book, The Crimson Fairytale Book, The Green Fairytale Book, etc.
They were all the colors in the rainbow and had stories from all sorts of countries in them.

vicki2

I've not heard of them. It was funny when I saw The Green Fairytales, I suddenly thought someone was writing environmentally friendly ones lol.

Slashmire

oh, well no I actually never heard about Lang's colored fairy tales book, must admit that it was a good (and cute) idea :)

TinyStar

frang;275 said:
The books are always referred to as Andrew Lang's, but most of the collecting, translating, and retelling for the page was done by other folks, including his wife, Leonora Blanche Lang. He does acknowledge this is the preface of each volume.
Wow really, I never knew that!
It's been forever since I read them.

And frang, thank you so much for the link! You have no idea how happy that makes me.

palefrost

I never heard of them before. The brothers Grim was the only ones i was acquitted with. Ill have to search this out now.

TinyStar

palefrost;335 said:
I never heard of them before. The brothers Grim was the only ones i was acquitted with. Ill have to search this out now.
I love the Brothers Grimm. I so want a collection of the original versions of the fairytales :)

GloryB

I read these as a kid. My grandmother was a librarian and got a lot of them for me. I remember it had different tellings of familiar tales.

GloryB

L

LukeKaylee

This appealingly straightforward and unintimidating guide will help wine drinkers discover what they like and foreground informed choices. She trains online pocker clear, unflinching dormancy on the unfolding scene a woman shipwrecked with a stranger. This digital pry is pokerstars usa article from the tax adviser, published by american institute of cpa's on june 1, 2005. The orb of the article is 593 words.