Full moon

Nadai

I've heard that the moon can make a woman go into labor. I have a few friends that are nurses and they tell me that during the full moon is when the labor and delivery unit is always full.

Calliope

Hmm, maybe--but there are babies that are born all of the time. Not necessarily when there is a full moon. However, my little one was born during a full moon. ;)

Libros

I think people make a lot of fuss about full moons because they think full moons are mystical.

The lunar phase only has to do with the angle of sunlight relevant to Earth falling on the Moon as it orbits. People who believe the moon's affect on the tides has similar effects on their bodies or psyche are thinking about distance and gravity. The light falling on the Moon has nothing to do with gravitational force. The light is a convenient measurement of time only, not matter. And it's only done from our particular vantage point in space. A person living on a planet at a different angle to the moon would see different phases, or none at all.

We only pick a particular phase and follow patterns based on that phase. Not all menstrual cycles correspond to the same phase of the moon, any more than more crimes committed. You can select any phase and begin calculating statistics from that phase and you will run into numbers that seem to coincide with it. People only relate more intimately to Full Moon or New Moon because they're more poetic than gibbous moons or crescents.

magickz

I can almost say that a full moon or not, if a lady is due and the baby is ready, she is going into labor - moon or not. Babies come when they want to, not always when you want them too. I have a clock on my desk that remembers the moon phases for me, love it (since I always tend to forget). :)

well i did some back research on my birth and found out that when i was being created there was no moon and the day i was born was a full moon.....so i belive that the full moon F**ks with everyone!!!

Myrddin

I think the full moon can affect some people. Whenever it come around my skin always begins to itch and I start growing more hair. Then I black out and the next morning I wake up with no idea of what I did the night before.;)

I think the full moon can affect some people. Whenever it come around my skin always begins to itch and I start growing more hair. Then I black out and the next morning I wake up with no idea of what I did the night before.;)
i have dreams of not turning into a warewolf or anything but a black panther and i endup scratching my self till i bleed sopmetimes, in my sleep fromt he dreams that i have and i just get stressed out during full moon cycles

magickz

Moon has many tales behind it, my husband tells our daughter than the moon is full of cheese. This of course is her favorite food so at least once a week she will ask if we can go visit to get more cheese. :D