Favourite horror author

Myrddin

For those of you who like horror, who is your favourite author inthe field? I myself like Dean Koontz, and have just recently taken an interest in John Saul...

Travis

I don't really get into horror that much, but I love great horror novels. My favorite horror authors are Stephen King, but my favorite horror novel is Dracula by Bram Stoker.

TheLoreman

When I was a kid I used to read a lot of James Herbert. I always thought his MOON would have made a great film.

TheLoreman

Have you read it Myrddin? Always thought that a nifty angle for a horror film... Have to admit it's been years since I read a horror book. I think I over did it back when I was younger.

Myrddin

Have you read it Myrddin? Always thought that a nifty angle for a horror film... Have to admit it's been years since I read a horror book. I think I over did it back when I was younger.
I haven't read it. May have to get it, though. I was looking at a synopsis for it, and it definitely sounds interesting. Are there any others that you've read that stick out in your mind?

TheLoreman

Yes sure. My personal favourites of his were Moon, Survivor, Shrine and the Dark. But I must confess it's been many years. I'm very rusty on the recall. However I think I remember his 'The Fog' as being somewhah as enjoyable as the Carpenter film (un related)

Myrddin

Yes sure. My personal favourites of his were Moon, Survivor, Shrine and the Dark. But I must confess it's been many years. I'm very rusty on the recall. However I think I remember his 'The Fog' as being somewhah as enjoyable as the Carpenter film (un related)
Thank you very much.

Nadai

I'm not that into horror but I really like Stephen King. I also like most of M. Night Samalan's movies, except for Signs and Unbreakable...

Myrddin

I'm not that into horror but I really like Stephen King. I also like most of M. Night Samalan's movies, except for Signs and Unbreakable...
I like Signs, though Unbreakable I had trouble watching; I kept falling asleep. I guess that says how riveting it is.