Favorite celtic myths

Diana

I have Celtic Roots, I am just wondering if anyone would mind sharing their favorite Celtic Myths with me so I could learn some to share with my children.

Libros

My favourite Celtic myths are the ones from Ireland. Kids like a good hero's quest, and Lugh's fight against the Fomorian Balor is a fun one.

LegendofJoe

Yeah, I like that one too.
I really also enjoyed the exploits of Cuchulainn: Irelands greatest hero.
His father was Lugh himself and when he was just seven killed a massive watchdog as well as
numerous adults. He had to defend Ulster against the army of Queen Maeve during the time when the Ulstermen were
incompacitated.

Diana

Thanks for sharing, I will have to look those ones up and give them a read. I like a good bout of mythology to read before bed. I will let you know what I think once I have read them.

Olsen

I like all Celtic mythology, but the most interesting to me are the Irish and the Welsh myths. Regarding the latter, I recommend the myths of "Culhwch and Olwen" and "The Dream of Rhonabwy". I stumbled upon them when researching for a project at the library, and I liked them so much that I looked for more books on Welsh mythology (which, in my opinion, is probably more fascinating than the Greek one).

LegendofJoe

I like all Celtic mythology, but the most interesting to me are the Irish and the Welsh myths. Regarding the latter, I recommend the myths of "Culhwch and Olwen" and "The Dream of Rhonabwy". I stumbled upon them when researching for a project at the library, and I liked them so much that I looked for more books on Welsh mythology (which, in my opinion, is probably more fascinating than the Greek one).
The Mabinogion is one of my favorite books of all time.
Are you familiar with the other stories in this book or just the two you mentioned?