Family interest

mythlvr

I love mythology. What I love most is how it explains things from the past that don't make sense. My son, though not necessarily of lover of mythologies has a similar interest in history. Any kind of history to include mythology. Do any of you have family members (child, brother, sister) who share your interest of this amazing topic? It is great fun to be able to share these discussions in person with someone as much as it is to share it here.

magickz

I have noticed most history buffs tend to lean one way or the other, almost in a full state. Take my family for example a primary setup since we both are a little different. He leans more towards the "facts" things that are "proven", I lean more towards the "unknown" or "not scientifically proven". We still make a good match though and are huge history buffs that can debate just about anything. :)

Myrddin

I don't have anyone in my family who likes mythology near as much as I do, in fact hardly at all. This is the only place where I can actually really discuss it.

Rhonda Tharp

My eleven year old has gotten into it recently. She likes me to quiz her over the Greek gods before she goes to bed. No one else in my family really gets into mythology.

DarkFolly

I'm the only ancient history buff in my family (that I know of), but my dad's interested in Americana and American history after the civil war, if that counts.

Dianna

I am pretty lucky when it comes to this. My dad has his bachelors in philosophy, so he is very well read on all of this stuff. It is wonderful to get to talk about these sorts of things with him.