Eye of horus vs osiris

Wotan

Hey, I recently have aquired an eye of Horus/Osiris Pendant, the only problem is I can not tell if it is the Eye of Osiris or Horus... google images turns up the same symbol for both "Eye of Osiris" and "Eye of Horus" and although wikipedia does not have a page for "Eye of Osiris" (it does for Eye of Horus) if you just read the page on Osiris it has the same symbol again... was the symbol just passed down from Osiris to Horus as they are father and son? is there even an eye of Osiris? (I know an eye is used when writing his name in glyphs)

Anyone care to share their knowledge?

They symbol in question is a slightly styalised version of this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg/650px-Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg.png

LegendofJoe

I may be wrong, but i think that eye might be a common symbol that may be associated with different gods.
I have even heard of it being the Eye of Ra.
He sent it forth to destroy mankind for his arrogance.
It took the form of a lioness that devoured many people before it was made drunk by drinking
blood-colored beer.

Rhonda Tharp

I have read several myths where it is referred to as "Eye of Horus," "Eye of Ra," "Eye of Osiris," I believe the lioness was Sekhmet - the Goddess of War and Healing Arts.

Perseus

I believe this symbol has been past down from all the Egyptian king gods first was Ra, second was Osiris, and third was Horus.