Empty shelves

Isabelle

What is the deal with grocery store shelves being practically empty recently? We shop at three different stores in town and it doesn't seem to matter what day of the week you go they are just always poorly stocked now. Very frustrating to have to keep making multiple trips to get everything you need.

fibi ducks

well for what its worth we don't have that situation in north london. they're not sheap,but they've got everything.

RLynn

What is the deal with grocery store shelves being practically empty recently? We shop at three different stores in town and it doesn't seem to matter what day of the week you go they are just always poorly stocked now. Very frustrating to have to keep making multiple trips to get everything you need.
That's not the case with the supermarkets in my area of the USA. They have everything, but as fibi ducks said, the prices are high.

We have noticed that too. Two of our local groceries have shelves that haven't been fully stocked for a while now. All of us who shop there have been wondering if they are throwing in the towel.

magickz

I am not sure if that is worse or not but lately we keep hitting up the stores when they are stocking everything up. Trying to move through the store with dozens of large boxes blocking your way is not fun, esp. with impatient kiddies.

greekgoddess31

I have not noticed it too bad but certain items are always low. Like paper products and their prices are high as well. I think it is just a sign of the times.

Enertia

A few months back, every time I went grocery shopping, the shelves were also empty. It is aggravating, but I am betting the stock trucks were just running behind. Has anyone heard of a possible food shortage, or something?

Isabelle

This is namely at Walmart and I know they aren't throwing in the towel becuase their only competition here is an Ingles way on the other side of town, and a Kroger. We said something to a cashier because they always ask "did you find everything you needed today", and she said that she had noticed it too but didn't know why.