Ed gein

I have found Ed Gein to be really fascinating. They have based a few movies on him like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and he wasn't even actually considered a serial killer. I've heard a lot of urban legends about him though, like that he killed a lot of people but they actually only have evidence that he killed 2 people.

greekgoddess31

They can only pin a few murders on him, that is true, but they do think that he may have been the most heinous mass murderer of all time. He really creeps me out.

I definitely agree that he was extremely heinous and creepy. He was one who made things out of body parts. He dug up numerous graves, including his own mother's if I remember correctly. I read that his mother taught him to hate all women except her.

I heard an urban legend that he killed his brother - what do you think?

Myrddin

There is a novel, In the Dark of the Night by John Saul, which plays on histories many serial killers including Ed Gein. It is more about the items they used to carry out their crimes as opposed to the actual figures themselves. So it is Ed Gein's saw, and also Jack the Ripper's scalpel. Many others, as well, thoug I can't remember them all.