Easter (just for fun)

RLynn

Easter will come as a tremendous relief from the gloom of Lent, the stress of Tax Day, and the horrors of Holy Week. It is a glorious celebration of the resurrection of a god from the dead and the hope of eternal life.
However.....
If an extraterrestrial were to observe our Easter customs, what would it think? Religious rituals held at sunrise (the sun being the ultimate energy source for life on earth), the decoration of graves with fertility symbols (flowers), the Easter Bunny (need I go into details?), and to top it off, colored eggs deposited by the Bunny. I somehow think that ET would regard it as a fertility festival.
What say you?

Frumpy

Easter is definitely an interesting holiday even for earth dwellers. Even though I know the importance of the real celebration, all the traditions can confuse anybody. However, they are fun, and definitely lighten the mood of Lent.

Helga

I agree. Spring is a time of renewal and it is a celebration! Our traditions might be confusing to many both here on earth and ET. However, in keeping with good humor, I believe that ET would get a sugar buzz from trying the jelly beans, and eating the chocolate eggs and bunny. Then watch his cholestrol level rise after figuring out how to eat the colored easter eggs. :)

RLynn

I agree. Spring is a time of renewal and it is a celebration! Our traditions might be confusing to many both here on earth and ET. However, in keeping with good humor, I believe that ET would get a sugar buzz from trying the jelly beans, and eating the chocolate eggs and bunny. Then watch his cholestrol level rise after figuring out how to eat the colored easter eggs. :)
Mmmmm, yum, chocolate eggs!