Dream interpretation

Katie

I tried looking into a dream dictionary but it doesn't help that much since dreams can be so.. complex that I just can't look up one image and say that's what the dream meant.

Thats quite awesome that you are able to lucid dream =) it's supposed to have benefits that can be transfered to the real world, how does it feel? Like to control your dreams? I only ask because i can never seem to lucid dream.

And you say you cant move? Thats called sleep paralysis, ive never experienced that yet either...but Im thankful for that. I've read stories about it, and it does sound horrible...do you have frequent recurring sleep paralysis. Maybe you should look into this more and see what you can find out about it all, there are many people who know a lot about it who would probably be able to tell you about their experiences.

I can't describe how it feels actually... But I guess it's pretty cool that I kinda control the dream. It usually happens when I'm in a familiar dream like it happened before. I usually try to steer away from what happened before that. Reminds me of the Doctor Who episode when Amy Rory and Doctor 11 were trapped in dreamland.

It only happened twice to me. Actually, from where I'm from they have some sort of supernatural mythological answer to why it happens which is really.. creepy.

Katie

Well there's this creature/demon called "bangungot" (literal translation to English is nightmare) who lives a tree and while you sleep he sits on you and you wake up but you can't move and no one can hear you and the only way you'll get out of the trance is if you are woken up or if you try to move yourself (usually start from the toe and try to move that.) Some people were rumored to have died because of it, even famous people O_O

Helga

Katie that is fascinating! Bangungot? He DOES sound creepy. Is there a certain tree he lives in? Are there any descriptions of what he looks like? What is the story behind why he sits on people when they sleep? Is it taboo to even speak the name?

Katie

Well, usually it can hide itself but its true form is that of a really big and heavy person. They're really vengeful and will attack you if you disturb its rest, like by cutting down the tree it lives in. I grew up with so many stores like that and sometimes I even believed them!!

fibi ducks

i did try speaking into a tape recorder (this was a long time ago) when I woke up. it made remebering easier. Fabricate details? Do you mean add bits without realising it? I never thought of that.

Yeah, say you might think thats what happened because it makes sense for that to happen without it actually happening...dream stuff is very complicated, i think.

Katie

About fabricating details, sometimes I feel like I do that too. Lately I've been writing down all my dreams the moment I wake up so I don't have enough time to make anything up, but of course everything is now mangled up with my thoughts.

The other night I had this weird dream about me putting birds and cats into the fridge and then I accidentally put on in the freezer and I had to rush home to save it. I hope PETA doesn't find out.