Dracula or superhero series

Superhero or Dracula?

• Dracula

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Superhero

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Myrddin

What would your preference be between a new superhero series or Dracula series? Which would you rather see, or read?

Nadai

As much as I love vampires, I want to remember Dracula the way he was. If I were to see a sparkling Dracula I may spontaneously combust:mad:;):D

Myrddin

As much as I love vampires, I want to remember Dracula the way he was. If I were to see a sparkling Dracula I may spontaneously combust:mad:;):D
Well not to worry, because in my books he would not be sparkling. He is always evil, evil, EVIL! And portrayed as such. (No vampires in my mind sparkle. That's just not right.) To me, the sun is always like a disease for vampires. Any kind of exposure is bad. Dracula would definitely combust!

Myrddin

Keep in mind that it would depend on the vampire. The souless would burst into flame the moment sunlight touches them, well any vampire with a soul could technically walk into the sun for some time, before it would seriously affect them. Still, though, any amount of sun would take its toll on these types, and it is preferred to avoid the sun as much as possible. (Any contact with the suns rays would require the said vampire to lay down and rest just to fully regenerate from the impact.)

Myrddin

If set in victorian times - Dracula. If set in modern times/Future - superheroes.
The Dracula stories would be set in the modern day on the North American west coast, but would be as if continuing from Bram Stoker's original novel -- so, 120 or so years later. The superhero series would also be set in the modern day; but more swift action with blades and home-made devices, than doing battle with actual super powers, from some freak accident.

Caburus

The Dracula stories would be set in the modern day on the North American west coast, but would be as if continuing from Bram Stoker's original novel -- so, 120 or so years later. The superhero series would also be set in the modern day; but more swift action with blades and home-made devices, than doing battle with actual super powers, from some freak accident.
I think it would be easier to 'believe' the superhero scenario (or do you mean super-boffins?). You'd have to recreate the ending of Stoker's original, or be really inventive to make him plausibly present in 21st Century America. Why not combine the two - super-boffins create time machine and bring Dracula into the future. Ready made villain for them to combat.

Argus

Haha, when i read home made devices it just made me think of the film KICK ASS, a great film. Well worth a watch.

Myrddin

You'd have to recreate the ending of Stoker's original, or be really inventive to make him plausibly present in 21st Century America.
I do have an idea to make him plausibly present in modern North America; being not just an immortal creature, but also the Prince of such, it is something that would definitely work.
I think it would be easier to 'believe' the superhero scenario (or do you mean super-boffins?) ... Why not combine the two - super-boffins create time machine and bring Dracula into the future. Ready made villain for them to combat.
They would be more heroes than boffins - or rather, she would. It would basically be a solo hero, fighting various 'super' villains -- some of which would be boffins, though the main ones not so much. It really would be more about the skills as a fighter than it would the inventions themselves (of which I wouldn't have too much, anyway). Eg. the hero will be highly skilled in the art of the Greek fighting form, Pankration.