Do you believe in forerunners?

Diana

I am just wondering how many people believe in forerunners. I was recently in 2 crashes, prior to, I saw a brief glimpse of the vehicles that hit me, has anyone else experienced that?

Helga

Sorry to hear of your crashes Diana, and yes I personally do believe in forerunners. It is like you said, you see just a partial glimpse but enough to know you have been there/witnessed this before. What I am not clear on is why do we get these glimpses, when we cannot change the outcome. What are your thoughts?

Katie

I haven't heard of forerunners before. Can someone explain them to me? Sorry, the concept is pretty new to me right now and I tried to look it up but all I got were forerunners as in the people in the lead of the competition :) Thanks!

Diana

Dictionary definition:
fore·run·ner Noun /ˈfôrˌrənər/
Synonyms:
  • forerunners plural
  • A person or thing that precedes the coming or development of someone or something else
    • the icebox was a forerunner of today's refrigerator
  • A sign or warning of something to come
    • overcast mornings are the sure forerunners of steady rain
  • An advance messenger

I keep running it over and over in my head, I don't know how to better develop my senses. I kept telling myself that if it ever happened again I would pull over, but it was just a glimpse of the car, last time it was a garbage truck, so I just thought I noticed it coming out of the road. I need to learn to be more aware.

Frumpy

I never heard of forerunners either. It sounds like deja vu but with terrible outcomes. Is this something that happens only on accidents? Why is it called forerunners?

Oops! It seems we posted at the same time. Thanks for the definition.

Nadai

I have experienced this, but not with crashes, lickily I haven't been in many crashes and the ones I was in were minor. During labor with my first I had a terrible premonition that I was going to get deathly ill and sure enough I hemmorhaged and nearly died! Lucky for me I didn't.

Ronnie

Yes, I do. I have a friend who has told me several things to watch out for and it was always something that marked a bad event. She once told me to be careful around ivory colored cars and an old Olds hit me not long after that.

Diana

I have "seen"a few things before they have happened, but I remember it after the fact. I need to start paying more attention to my feelings, like gut feelings and stuff.

Katie

Oh! Thanks Diana for the definition. I think this has happened to me several times before as well. I did dream about my exam exactly how it was. Does that count? This reminds me of Final Destination. This is the premise of it right? Having visions but then they tried to stay away from it...

Skeptic sister

It's a form of precognition, isn't it?

I know that I'm one of several females in the family that has such moments, most often dreams (bad ones) that come to be reality. Empaths are more likely to have the trait in a 'working' or 'apparent' form.

Diana

It is defiantly a form of precognition, no doubt about that. I am for the most part an empath so I am very susceptible to other's people's garbage as well, negative vibes and such.

Pegasus

You have all hit on some great points. Diana it is interesting that you used the word "vibes". The reason I say that is sometimes when you have lost one of your senses, another one becomes even stronger. I was legally deaf as a child, and one side effect was that I became very aware of other people's feelings or vibes, so I guess in some ways, I am very in tune with precognition.

Diana

I get "gut feelings" but I have trouble interpreting them. I also will get cold chills for no apparent reason what so ever. I need to find a way to be more in tune with it and use it to my advantage. Suggestions?