Disney vs the true tales

"Left and right, like day and night, that's what makes the world go round. In and out, thin and stout, that's what makes the world go round. To every to there is a fro. For every stop there is a go and that's what makes the world go round"
New Disney is often shameless, but the older ones are treasured. Disney's Sword in The Stone taught me a lot about dualism with this song. The story also isn't god awful inaccurate like Pocahontas, just a tad of artistic license here and there with a great score.

Boudica

I don't agree with the Pocahantas story either because it is a story based on fact and they really made it seem something good happened. I do know that most fairy tales were really dark and so not suitable for children. I do love Disney movies though!

Poolshark

A really good book for getting insight into how these fairy tales looked originally is "Classic Fairy Tales" by Iona and Peter Opie. It is one of my most borrowed and least returned books. They tell not only the "Classic" version of many tales but also include the earliest known version of them..like the rape of sleeping beauty. Check it out it is worth the read.