Disney urban legends

Enertia

I know there has to be some Disney addicts out there. I want to know some of your best Disney urban legends. I have heard that no one can be declared dead on Disney grounds. Even if the death happens there, they hurriedly rush the person out, so the death declaration is off Disney property. I have also heard that an angry artist that worked for Disney drew a phallus for a tower in the background on the case for The Little Mermaid. My aunt owned a video store when I was younger and was told to send back all her copies of that movie. She did not send back her personal copy and let's just say that legend is true! I have a copy of The Little Mermaid and mine does not look like hers! More likely, some pervert said the tower looked like a phallus, and when Disney noticed that it did, they wanted to fix the problem.

Myrddin

That's not the only thing Disney artists have incorporated. Though the newer editions have had all such things edited out, I think, the older versions of their movies had different sorts of semi-sexuall content either hidden in the background or very cleverly hidden in the foreground. In The Lion King, carefully watch the dust which older Simba turns up, before it floats off to the monkey.

Allie-Gator

I'm sure there are many, many things about Disney that we don't know. The rumor that Cinderella's castle was built to make a private apartment for Walt and his missus. The rumor isn't true according to what I've heard. I've heard the one about "no deaths declared on Disney property" too. Did you know they have their own fire and rescue, and amubulance services? Interesting.

Toni

There is another rumor that’s been around for a long time, and it seems that everyone has heard it at some point or another. It says that Walt Disney arranged for his body to be frozen upon his death in the hope that future technology would be able to bring him back to life. No one’s exactly sure how this one got started, but records show that Disney was cremated when he died in 1966. It is suspected that the amount of secrecy surrounding his funeral, coupled with his reputation as an inventor, led to the creation of this long-standing myth. - Taken from the top 10 urban legends of all times. http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-urban-legends-myths.php

jerri

The only thing I've heard from all of the above was about Disney wanting to be cryogenically frozen. I can just see Snow White and Cinderella dragging a dead body out the gates and across the parking lot.:eek:

Katie

I read that Disney artists love to insert dirty things into the scenes like there's one in the movie about the two mice and at the back apartment there's a silhouette of a naked woman! There's also one in the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit! Also, the stars in one of the scenes in Lion King spells out the F word.... I don't know if they are intentional or they just happened. Haha

Also, the stars in one of the scenes in Lion King spells out the F word.... I don't know if they are intentional or they just happened. Haha
The Lion King one has been proved false. The stars spell out 'SFX' which is a company associated with the making of the movie. People thought it said 'SEX' but I think it was just wishful thinking for many.

There was a thing in Aladdin where people thought he said 'Take off your clothes' but I think that was dispelled as well.

Enertia

Supposedly, Walt had a wonderful eye for catching things. There are many rumors of artists working at Disney, splicing naughty bits into films. Then the artists would show Walt the film, to see if he could catch the naughty part. Even thought the naughty part was not on screen for even a second, Walt always caught it.

I'm sure there are many, many things about Disney that we don't know. The rumor that Cinderella's castle was built to make a private apartment for Walt and his missus. The rumor isn't true according to what I've heard. .
I don't know about the Cinderella castle but it was true that Walt had an apartment at Disneyland in California over the fire station on Main Street.

I also just read that many believed the 7 dwarfs in Snow White were based on levels of cocaine addiction. I think in that case people are just seeing what they want to see though.

Allie-Gator

I would love to take the behind the scenes tour at Disney World. There is a warren of tunnels everywhere under the surface of Disney World. That's what the cast members and support personnel use to get around without you seeing them above. Watch some of them if you get to go. There are hidden entrances to all of the tunnels everywhere.

It would be awesome if you got to go in those tunnels (Disneyland has them too) and see what goes on. I have been looking for those entrances all over the place. No luck yet though.

Myrddin

I could almost see a horror story based on these tunnels, and their entrances. Something creepy, anyway.

Katie

The Lion King one has been proved false. The stars spell out 'SFX' which is a company associated with the making of the movie. People thought it said 'SEX' but I think it was just wishful thinking for many.
Oh! There you go. It was "SEX". My memory is failing me now :/ Thanks for clearing that up! I've never heard of the Aladin one tho...