Descriptions of the gods

EyeofZeus

Hi, I'm new here. It looks really fun and very interesting. I wonder.
What are people's favorite descriptions of the gods in myths and poems or in your personal imagination?

One of mine is of Athena from the Iliad
"She leaped from the craggy heights and fell through the sky like a shooting star trailing sparks in her wake. She plunged into the Trojan camp, her eyes ablaze and made straight for Pandarus the master archer. "Whip an arrow at Menelaus and win eternal fame." she said

Myrddin

I like how from mythology to mythology the head or king god is always depicted with the same general traits. Zeus, Odin, and many others are all described with long and white hair and beards and incredibly wise.

Nadai

I like how from mythology to mythology the head or king god is always depicted with the same general traits. Zeus, Odin, and many others are all described with long and white hair and beards and incredibly wise.
I think most of the goddesses of Greek myth are described similarly too: with golden sandals or Owl-eyed Athena. Even in their art work. The male gods were given large calf, which show verility. Goddesses had long hair and legs and supple hips which showed their femininity and ability to carry children.

Arachne

I remember reading that the Iliad was for the Greeks what the Old Testament was for the Jews. It was their only first-hand guide to the personality of their gods.