Death row

magickz

For or against it? And better on the subject since its a tricky one, what happens when you hear of someone on the row who pleads their innocence up until the very end? Anyone know the % of how many innocents are convicted and then released after new evidence turns up (like in the movie Conviction)?

Allie-Gator

The jury is still out on this one for me. I'm not sure if I am totally for it, but it does have it's place. There are many who I believe have been innocent, but then the majority I believe were rightly convicted.

Myrddin

Against it all the way. It's not our place to decide who gets to live and who gets to die. Also, murder is murder. You can use any fancy terms you want, but intentionally and willingly killing someone is murder. I don't think the law should fall to the level of such heinous acts. Death row does not have its place. Plus, like Allie-Gator said, innocents have wrongfully fallen onto death row. Even a minority of such a disgrace is unacceptable. 100%.

Nadai

I agree with Myrddin 100%
No one has the right to say whether someone should live or die. In my opinion there is no justifiable reason to take another life whether in rage or retribution.

Myrddin

Another thing. If the law says that something like death row is acceptable, then where is the divide between good and evil? Because I would think that the good would understand murder to be wrong, and understand compassion. Without compassion, there is no good but only evil. Because it is what makes the difference.