Death on film

I've heard a lot of urban legends about people dying on film. One example was that somebody died while filming Ben-Hur but that never actually happened. They also claimed that somebody from Wizard of Oz could be seen hanging themselves in the background of a scene. Also not true!

magickz

Here is a quick top 10 list and a few of them I remember hearing about. Oddly I do not remember of hearing of any myths around it though. What made you think of this?

Magickz, thanks for the list of actual deaths. I never heard about a few of those. I thought of it mainly because I was browsing the Snopes site and read about the Wizard of Oz "death." Apparently a lot of people still believe these kinds of things.

There's also the legend that the screams in the song Love Roller Coaster are actual screams of a woman getting murdered. Not true, though.

Enertia

This is very interesting. I had always thought The Wizard of Oz death, was true. Why do people just make up stuff like this? Do they have nothing better to do, than make up fake deaths?

This is very interesting. I had always thought The Wizard of Oz death, was true. Why do people just make up stuff like this? Do they have nothing better to do, than make up fake deaths?
I think things like that just get made up like other urban legends. I think people want to believe it's true because it's interesting and creepy.

Something else caught on film was in the movie Three Men and a Baby. It was just a cardboard cut out in the background but people swore up and down it was a ghost caught on film.

Nadai

I always thought the Wizard of Oz suicide was real as well. Actually I was going to start a similar thread, you beat me to it CuriousAlice! I was watching the Tom and Jerry version of the Wizard of Oz with my kids when I remembered hearing that a man hung himself on the set of the original Wizard of Oz and that it wasn't until after the movie was finished that it was noticed that a stage hand was hanging in the background of one scene! I'd always thought this was real, but I'm glad to hear that no one actually died during the making of this movie. I'd always known about the death of Brandon Lee- always thought this was very sad-I hated his replacement.