Dagda

jerri

I like this guy. He had a magic club that killed with one end and brought back to life with the other. His cauldron had neverending food and he had a roasting pig that never ran out. He was the god of life, death, banquets, war and magic. If you think about it he sounds pretty familiar.

Rhonda Tharp

I had always heard him associated with metallurgy/blacksmithing too. The Goddess Brigit is his daughter - she's my favorite. Goddess of Light, Healing, and Wisdom.

LegendofJoe

I had always heard him associated with metallurgy/blacksmithing too. The Goddess Brigit is his daughter - she's my favorite. Goddess of Light, Healing, and Wisdom.
I believe you are thinking of Goibniu, the blacksmith to the gods.
Brigid is associated with him because she too is a deity of fire. She uses fire
to warm the earth, thus starting springtime. This happens on Feb. 1. (Imbolc).
It is believed that in medieval times, there was a Christian order in Kildare of women only clerics
dedicated to Brigid. They kept a sacred fire perpetually burning.
St Brigid is second only to St. Patrick in importance in Ireland.

bryn

Dagda[Elatha/Helios/Atum] =Vasudeva['Good god']=Horus.Boann=Hathor[Hesat/Iset/Isis/Iusaaset/Ushas/Eos].
Brigit/Brigid/Brigantia was identified with Minerva Victoria [Athena Nike] by the Romans.
Bres=Boreas[Mercury/Krishna/Vishnu].Ruadan[Mars Rudianos/Abelio] was the son of Bres and Brigid[Shu and Tefnut].Goibniu=Cain[Smith].

Last edited: